We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BAngalore Belur Halebid

Which Bengaluru hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oman
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
BAngalore Belur Halebid

My son and I will be in Bangalore in July.

Looking at best options for Belur-Halebid.

How good are the Karnataka Tourism 1 day tours? Is the time enough? Comfortable? What kind of places do they stop for lunch and breakfast. How do I get back when we return at 10 pm.

Thanks,

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

Karnataka Tourism tours are good, But they don't give good time for you to see the places, they focus on covering many places.

If you are talking about Bangalore city tours, recently they announced a "Bangalore rounds" bus where you buy a single ticket and can use any of the buses run for tourists. You can spend time comfortably, cover only those places which you want to, and return whenever you decide. Here is the URL describing this: http://www.mybmtc.com/bangalore-rounds

Franky speaking, Belur, Halebid can't be covered in one day. You need time to enjoy these two fantastic places. Please plan accordingly.

After 10 PM, there are no good bus service in Bangalore. But you have Auto rickshaws and taxis running 24 * 7, so you wouldn't have any problems returning to your place

Oman
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

Thank you.

What do you suggest? Are there other reliable operators that offer this trip?

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

Hi,

KSTDC tours are reliable,good & comfortable compared to other pvt operators.

Belur-Halebeedu can be comfortably covered in a day with half a day at each of the places.

There are BMTC buses,autos & cabs available in Bengaluru beyond 10 PM too

Edited: 04 July 2014, 07:41
India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,572 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

I did Belur-Halebid-Shravanabelgola in day trip in 1983 from Bangalore by KSRTC bus, I still remember, it was extremely tiring. Started at 7 a.m. and came back to Bangalore at 10 p.m. I did that second time in 2011 by staying at Hassan (Hassan Ashok) for a night. it was rather comfortably done. You should keep more time for Belur and Halebid, these are the finest examples of filigree and sculptures of Indian art.

Edited: 04 July 2014, 08:12
Oman
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

I can imagine it will be very hectic and one can spend a lot of time at these places.Unfortunately we don't have time for more than a day. :(

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

@Khuwair

If you have just one day, better go with the KSRTC operated tour (link given below). I am not very comfortable with private operators:

karnatakaholidays.net/heritage_holidays_belu…

Oman
Level Contributor
78 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

Thanks. Reliability is important since I am a single woman with a 12 year old.

What is the difference between Volvo AC and Multi Axle? Is Multi Axle air conditioned?

Edited: 04 July 2014, 09:20
Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

I have done Belur<halebidy,Shravanbelagola in KSTDC(not KSRTC) Volvo multiple times and it was amazing. you get tired a little bit but i was fine with that . they will drop you back at Corporation Circle . You can have a prepaid Taxi waiting for you there if you want .

All Volvos are A/C ed . Am i wrong ?

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
3,691 posts
376 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

Khuwair,

Both the Volvos are airconditioned,multi axle is the newer version with better driving comfort compared to the earlier Volvos.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BAngalore Belur Halebid

Just one suggestion - the seats right behind the drivers are the best for viewing , both front as well as side . might be helpful while booking the seats .