We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chikamagalur for 2 days

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Topic
chikamagalur for 2 days

Hi I'm planning to visit Chikamagalur only for 2 days (Saturday and sunday). Is it worthwhile to cover places in Chikmaglur if I catch the 6:30 bus from Bangalore on saturday monring. The bus would take 5 hours approx. I want to cover places Mulyanagiri, Dab Dabbe Falls, kemmanagundi, Habbe Falls and other nearby places in 2 days . There are two options for me

1) Catch the night bus from Bangalore and be there in Chikmaglur ealry morning. I think in that case I need to check in early in the hotel.

2) CAtch the early morning bus and reach Chikmaglur in the afternoon. In that case will it be possible to cover the places I have mentioned above.

I'm planning to take 11:30 bus in the night. I think there might not be enough places to see in the evening.

Kindly suggest.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chikamagalur for 2 days

Hi,

Its ideal to take the night bus from Bangalore(Option 1 ),cover all the places in 1-2 days & again board the night bus from Chickamagalur.

Deepak

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
85 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: chikamagalur for 2 days

Thanks I have booked a saturday morning bus and would reach chikmaglur by 12:30 P.M. I have that day and sunday (have a return bus by 4 P.M). Is it possible to cover Mullayengiti, Kemmangundi, Dabdabe falls, Bababudan giri datta peeta, Manikyadhara falls if I start early on Sunday morning? Or should we split some places between SAturday afternoon and Sunday? THe hotel guy was telling me that the road is blocked to Hebbe falls.

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,397 posts
456 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: chikamagalur for 2 days

Hi,

Split the places between both days.

Visit …wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Chikmagalur_tourist… for detailed map.

4. Re: chikamagalur for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 07:05
5. Re: chikamagalur for 2 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Chikkamagalur