We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Topic
Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

I have three days time. I would like to travel by bus to a central place and hire a car from there to cover the places and return back by bus to bangalore.

Suggest a plan to cover in three days.

Sharada

Chikmagalur
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

From Bangalore travel via bus to Chikmagalur, stay option you can choose Forest Homestay (which is on the way to Shringeri) stay for a day homestay guys will arrange cab for you. Next day you can go to Shringeri, Horanadu and stay in Murudeshvara spend a day and from there you can travel back to Bangalore directly via bus. -Jeevan

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

The best place IMPO to base this trip would be Mangalore. Hire a cab in Mangalore (Mohan Kamat - 9448546477, my regular cab operator) and first do Horanadu, then Sringeri, then if interested Kollur - Murudeshwar - Gokarna - Udupi - Mangalore. I regularly do this circuit and a little more. From Udupi, I go to Kateel, Subramanya, Dharmasthala, Thalacauvery and then finish. Choose places as per your interests.

Bengaluru, India
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

Has three days for a visit to Sringeri and Horanadu from Bangalore.

I have two elderly persons who can't take long hours of travel.

How to route my travel ? via Mangalore or Chikmagalur?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

@raojvrp

If you can reach Mangalore via train / bus and then plan to visit Sringeri, Horanadu, that will be a good option, given the elderly people with whom you travel.

Otherwise, if you drive this entire distance from Bangalore, then you don't have to visit Mangalore at all, Bangalore to Horanadu to Sringeri (or the other way) via Hasan, Belur / Chikmagalur will be a better option for you.

Either way, you need to take at least few ghat roads. Please note this.

Chikmagalur
Level Contributor
23 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

@raojvrp, The best route is via Hassan, Chikmagalur. Have a plan to stay in Chikmagalur for a day, you can choose Forest Homestay, its on the way to Shringeri (4:30 to 5:30 Hours journey from Bangalore) Next day head towards Shringeri, Horanadu and stay there for a night and morning start towards Muradeshwara via Kudremukha stay for a night and next day start morning towards Bangalore have a breaks in between.

Edited: 14 May 2014, 05:30
Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

i am planning to visit bangalore by sep end to bangalore.stay for 2 nights and 2 days in bangalore and 3 rd day to chennai.can i visit chickmagalur or coorg.is it possible.route ,hotel etc

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Madikeri, Karnataka
Level Contributor
4,318 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

Hi,

You need to keep aside at least 3 days for Coorg or Chikamagalur.

Bengaluru - Mysore road- Srirangapattana - Hunsur - Coorg.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
1,934 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

hi padmaja23 - this is not possible.

Chikamagalur is about 240 kms from Bangalore . Madikeri is about 250 kms .

9. Re: Travel from Bangalore to sringeri, hornadu and murudeshwar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Chikkamagalur