We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

india or kenya

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Topic
india or kenya

Can anyone help:-

We are looking for a two week holiday either November or December but am unsure where to go. We have up to £2,000 but would prefer to spend less and would like 3 star or above.

Can anyone please tell me their experiances of India or Kenya (or both).

To give you an idea of where we've been before:-

Thailand (loved it, will be going back)

Florida (loved it will be going back, somewhere else in America)

Crete (loved it, food great)

Gambia (last christmas,very relaxing hotel based very enjoyable)

Croatia (This summer another relaxing one bit too quiet for us)

Any help on choosing our next destination would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: india or kenya

Kenya it is then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,377 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: india or kenya

Have you gone thought the Goa forums and the Kerela forums ? Plenty of posts and trip reports there. Your question is too vague. There are a lot of places in India which are completely different in their nature and atmosphere. Its easier to help if you specify which area you want to visit.

Mirfield, England
Level Contributor
494 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: india or kenya

Hi, we have been to both India (Kerala and Goa) and also Kenya. India and Kenya are very different places. Kenya was a fantastic experience but I think you need to do a safari while you are there to get the most out of it. We did a 3 day trip to the Massai Mara which we booked when we got there, it was much cheaper this way but it was an experience of a lifetime. We have been to Goa 8 times and will be going again in March. I would say overall this is the cheapest place to go. Again I would say you need to travel about Goa a bit to get the best out of your holiday. There are some fantastic beaches and the food is to die for and extremely cheap. Kerala is quieter than Goa and again we did a 4 day trip to see the sights around Kerala. We were based in Kovalam and again found it cheaper to book everything when we got there. It is mostly seafood in the restaurants but extremely good. The resorts are more compact than Goa with not as much variety for eating out but having said that there are enough places to eat out in 2 weeks without going anywhere twice. I am sure you will have a fantastic time whichever place you choose to go to.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: india or kenya

BrenLiz

Thank you for your response. I have had numerous responses regarding Kenya and think this is where we will choose.

Thanks again for your advice and we will certainly go on a safari!

5. Re: india or kenya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 03:16