We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestion for my itineray

hyderabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
suggestion for my itineray

Places interested in seeing Thekaddy, Kumarom , Houseboat, Cherai Beach. Visitng from Hyderabad with Wife and 3 year old Kid.

1. Reaching Enakulum Station at 1:30 pm on 1st Oct 10

Q. SHall I stay that day in Cherai or better to proceed for Thekaddy ?

Q. Will it be better to book a cab for my entire stay in Kerala?

2. To Thekaddy and night stay

Q. Is 1 night sufficient to stay there or need to spend atleast 2 ?

Q. Is wild life sanctuary worth visiting.

Q. Mode of transport available to go to Kumarakom

3. To Kumarakom and night stay in backwater resort

Q. How would be Bird Santuary at this time of the year ?

Q. Better to take houseboat the following night from here or go to Allepey

4. Shall I catch my train back from Kottayam or from Ernakulum ?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
34,822 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: suggestion for my itineray

Cochin (1nt) - Munnar (2nts) - Kumarokkom (1nt) - Thekkady (1nt) - Kovalam (Kottayam to Alleppey through back water cruise) 2 nts - Trivandrum (for return journey)

I would suggest to book a cab for the entire trip, it will be conveient and economical

Edited: 24 September 2010, 11:36
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: suggestion for my itineray

There is no luxuary bus service available between the tourist places in Kerala. Local bus will take more time. so advisable to hire a taxi from Cochin for the entire trip.

Cochin to Thekkady long drive (around 200 kms / 5 - 6 hrs) not advisable to travel that much with your small kid. Please find the suggested itinerary

1/10/10 : Arrive Ernakulam ant drive to Cherai (30 kms)

2/10/10 : Cherai to Munnar (160 kms / 4 hrs)

3/10/10 : Munnar

4/10/10 : Munnar to Thekkady

5/10/10 : Thekkady to Kumarakom, visit bird sanctuary in the evening

6/10/10 : Kumarakom to Ernakulam drop.

There are some maintanance work going on at Ernakulam Trivandrum railway track (kottayam via) so some trains are diverting via Alleppey. board train from Ernakulam for departure.

hyderabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: suggestion for my itineray

Hi Ashish

I have already seen munnar so donot plan to go. Need to board my train back from Hyderabad itself.

hyderabad
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: suggestion for my itineray

Hi , thanks for the itinerary. I have already visited Munnar, could you suggest an good alternative and put that back in the itinerary. More interested in backwaters and this is more of a relaxation holiday for us. Please suggest accordingly and I will follow suit

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: suggestion for my itineray

It is highly advisable to drop Thekkady in your trip since your are coming with your 3 yr old child .From Cochin to Thekkady will take 4 – 5 hrs drive. This will be another option

1/10/10: Cochin

2/10/10 : Kuarakom

3/10/10 : Alleppey Houseboat

4/10/10 : Marari beach

5/10/10 : Marari Beach

6/10/10 : Alleppey to Ernakulam drop.

cochin
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: suggestion for my itineray

With your 3yr old kid its good to have a car till the end of your trip.could stay at cochin for 1 night and proceed to thekady early morning.sure you would enjoy thekkady with all activitys around specially if your adventorous family.

Happy holiday

cheers

shile

7. Re: suggestion for my itineray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 March 2011, 04:18