We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North Kerala

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
North Kerala

Hi all,

I am planning to visit Bekal from Mangalore and I need to arrange transport for same, does anyone know who I can contact, did you have good experience with any operator. Please let me know. Thanks!

Regards

Puneet

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North Kerala

bump ..

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North Kerala

Kanjangad Railway station is only less than 10 km from bakel. Get down at Kanjangad/Kasaragod (18 km) and go by Auto. Or Frequent buses available via bakel from the above places.

Jaipur
Level Contributor
750 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North Kerala

i need to go from mangalore airport .. any suggestions ? thanks!

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North Kerala

Mangalaore Airport -------> mangalore city by taxi.

Mangalore City -------------> Kasaragod ( Kerala) by KSRTC Volvo or Normal Kerala SRTC public bus. The time taken depends on road condition perhaps 1 to 2 hrs I guess.

From Kasaragod, you can go to Bekal in 30 - 45 minutes. again by Kerala SRTC bus. These will ply shuttle service between Kasaragod and Kanhangad.

If you are taking train, visit irctc to see availability. A Passenger train will stop at Bekal ( Pallikere Railway station ). If you take express train, get down at Kasaragod, its an hours travel from Mangalore City.

Ellicott City...
Level Contributor
287 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: North Kerala

Hi,

Almost all express trains stop at Kanjangad. There are a lot of trains connecting Mangalore (Mangalore Central Station) and Kanjangad and the time taken is around 1 - 1.5 hrs. Since it is a short journey you need not book tickets in advance. Just get unreserved tickets from counter and get into the train.

Warm Regards,

TT_Chennai

6. Re: North Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 20:08