We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

..places to visit..?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
224 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
..places to visit..?

Hi,

I am planning to visit Kerala in christmas holidays i.e. in dec. end .I am planning to book ticket of mumbai- kochi flight and return thiruananthpuram to mumbai flight.I would like to travel with a cab from kochi . I would like to know the -

1) How many days require to see kerala? i am planning from 22 dec to 30 dec. Is it enough?

2) What r the tourist places that I must visit in this Kerala trip ? I am starting from Kochi And ends in Thiruananthpuram .

3) Is it possible to see Kanyakumari and Rameshwar?

4) can anyone suggest me the deatailed program with distances?

5) Can I get cab on rent from Kochi and I have to drop it in thiruananthpuram .?

6) Is this the best season to visit kerala ? I mean rain , public etc..

7) Is it worth to live in boathouse? i have heard that it is very uncomfartacle to stay in night..!!

Thanks

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ..places to visit..?

HI,

1 : around 2 weeks

2; The last stage of this itinerary is too enough to travel but the roads are too good to travel in this area ,NH 4 line roads .

See this Plan

Day 1: Arrival at Cochin and overnight stay at Cochin with sightseeing.

Day 2: proceed to Munnar hills and stay (130KM) 4HRS

(The Anaimudi peak is the highest peak of southern India.)

Day 3: Full day sightseeing in Munnar (100KM)

Day 4: Proceed to Thekkady / Periyar Wildlife and stay (110KM) 3HRS

Day 5: Proceed to Kumarakam / Alleppey Backwaters for Houseboat cruise and overnight stay (170KM) 4HRS

Day 6: Proceed to Kovalam beach and stay (185KM) 3HRS

Day 7: Sightseeing in Trivandrum, Kovalam stay (70KM)

Day 8: Kanyakumari beach and stay (100KM) 3HRS

Day 10; proceed to Rameswram (280KM) 4HRS

Day 11: Madurai Meenakshi temple 160KM 4HRS

Day 12: Back to Trivaduram (260KM)4HRS

Regards

KERALA DAYZ

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ..places to visit..?

Hi Sameer ,

I would like to suggest an itinerary as follows..

Day 1 : Arrival at Cochin , Fort cochin site seeing and overnight stay at any heritage hotel.

Day 2 : Proceed to Munnar (overnight stay)

Day 3 : Munnar site seeing (overnight stay)

Day 4 : Proceed to thekkady , site seeing and (overnight stay)

Day 5 : Aleppey (Houseboat cruise and (overnight stay))

Day 6 : Kovalam

Day 7: Kanyakumari day trip and (overnight stay at Kovalam)

Day 8: Trivandrum site seeing (overnight stay at Kovalam)

Day 9 : Departure (trivandrum airport)

It is possible to get cab rental services from Cochin . Personally i think its better to book the entire tour package in advance because december is peak season time in kerala , it is very difficult to get rooms in good hotels and resorts .Cost factor will be a important thing during december.

Regards,

Heavenly holidays

Bangalore...
Level Contributor
39 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ..places to visit..?

December is the best time to visit kerala.

You can plan a trip such a way that:

day1 : Cochin

day 2& 3: Munnar

day 4: thekkady

day 5: Alleppey houseboat ( As per my experience houseboat is good and there is a/c in the night).

day 6: Kovalam

day 7: kanyakumari.

Alappuzha, India
Level Contributor
445 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ..places to visit..?

Hi,

Time is best for visiting kerala.

You can hire cab from cochin and drop at Trivandrum (But they will charge Cochin to Cochin distance). if you are planing to visit Rameshwaram and Madurai, make it 10days/9nights program .Cochin (1N), Aathirappally (1N)

Alleppey house boat a day trip and move to Munnar (2N) Madurai (1) Rameshwaram (1N) Kanyakumari (1N) Kovalam(1N) Trivandrum(1N).

Gr8 south Indian Holidays..

Cochin
Level Contributor
369 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ..places to visit..?

It is the best time and peak season in Kerala.Please book the Resorts ASAP because it is difficult to get the rooms in Good Hotels and Resorts

Edited: 25 April 2012, 05:30
Derby, United...
Level Contributor
1,708 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ..places to visit..?

Re your question about the houseboat - It is a bit uncomfortable to stay the night. The cabin is very small and the bed was covered in plastic which made you very hot, I ended up sleeping on deck where it was cooler.

Its a very nice trip though and we had a wonderful meal on the boat.

7. Re: ..places to visit..?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 20:40