We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

NW London, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

After reading all the great reviews about the Bethsaida in Kovalam, i decided to go at chirtmas 2012 with my family (two young kids). We were all so excited at this once in a lifetime trip. I was eager to book, as christmas is a busy time for them. I tried booking our rooms in January and March only to be told that i was too early for booking and i should book after Easter. on 2 May, i tried to book our rooms but was told that the hotel is now fully booked for christmas!!!! I was devastated. i had my heart set on staying there at christmas, i imagined us swimming in the pool i has seen on their website, sitting in their restaurant i had seen on the website. Oh well, i guess i'll never know now. Good luck to others who try to book this place.

UK
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

Hi,

Sounds a bit strange that they are booked up already for Christmas. The hotel, from my recollection is not in Kovalam but several or more kilometres away. That is, if I am thinking of the same place.

Anyway, if this is so, it is quite isolated so to sample the restaurants etc. of Kovalam will entail a taxi ride.

Have you tried using an agent to see if they can book your accommodation? Or maybe try to book something of a similar standard in Kovalam.

I Don't know what the rate was for the Bethsaida but there are several or more hotels in Kovalam with pools and nice grounds that you could investigate depending on your budget.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

I too second it... There are lot many options and who knows you might stumble upon something better also...

NW London, UK
Level Contributor
50 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

thanks guys for your kind words. my heartache is over, i have found a great looking hotel nearer to the restaurants, etc in Kovalam with nice pool, etc. The Manaltheeram. its all booked for christmas.... do they do turkey? (only joking.) Penny

UK
Level Contributor
9,230 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

Hi Penny - As long as you know that it is still a taxi ride away from Kovalam then that is ok. Don't Know about the turkey though!!

Hope you enjoy Kerala; it really is a lovely State.

5. Re: very very disappointed with the Bethsaida in Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 15:41