We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport between Wayanad & Bandipur (August 2012) question

England, UK
Level Contributor
14 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Transport between Wayanad & Bandipur (August 2012) question

Hello,

We are visiting South India in August. We were planning to visit Wayanad for a couple of nights and then go onwards to Bandipur for one night, before going on to Mysore and Bangalore. We are struggling to find information on transport between Wayanad and Bandipur - either bus or taxi. Is this journey easily possible? How much would the estimated cost & time be?

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated.

Trivandrum
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport between Wayanad & Bandipur (August 2012) question

I have traveled recently from Wayanad to Bandipur. Night time travel is banned in this road. You can get buses as well as hire a taxi. I was traveling in my car so I do not know about the fares.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
863 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport between Wayanad & Bandipur (August 2012) question

Hi

You can hire a cab from Wayanad for your trip to Bandipur. However, you will end up paying an entry tax of Karnataka for this.

1. You can do a day trip from Wayanad, which is one way close to 2 hours. If you take a cab from Wayanad is around 1500/100 Km + Driver Bata + Entry Tax. Addl to 100 km would be Rs 8 extra.

2. Or you can take a cab at Mysore for your use at Mysore and also for a day trip to Bandipur. Journey would be close to 2 hours.

Feel free to revert for any other clarification.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays Wayanad

3. Re: Transport between Wayanad & Bandipur (August 2012) question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 18:15