We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thekkady or Kumarakom

Chennai
Level Contributor
16 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Thekkady or Kumarakom

Guys i have planned for 5N/6D trip to kerala in the month of july probably first or second week

Intially i have planned for

2days(Munnar)/1day(thekkady)/1day(Allepey House boat)/1day(kumarakom)

How would be the monsoon...in the month of july.....I am basically a rain loving guy thats why choose kerala as the destination ....

My confusion is to extend my stay in thekkady for 2 days and cut down kumarakom stay.....and visit kumarkom on my final day of trip to cochin and then board the train........

In simple.... 1 night extended stay in thekkady or 1 day stay in kumarakom....what all the options available in kumarakom and places to visit....

With Regards

P.Krishna Prasad.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
848 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thekkady or Kumarakom

Hi Krishna,

Welcome to Kerala.

You may not be able to see much places as it would be raining most of the time. But as you said, you are a rain loving guy, it's ok I think. Being in Kumarakom, you can have the experience of being at a backwater resort. Though, there is a bird sanctuary in Kumarakom, you may not be able to view much, as it is rainy season. However, looking at your itinerary, you will be traveling a lot. It would be good if you stay at Thekkady for couple of nights, it would be a good option. Check out Wild Corridor, Thekkady.

Regards

Sam

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thekkady or Kumarakom

Hi..

I also planned my trip to Kerala starting the 1st June, just for the monsoons. But it did not happen and the rains were not there. This season, as of date, has not witnessed the exact monsoon. So, what would be in the offing, during your visit is not guaranteed. It would be worth to spend a few nights in Thekkady, as you are sure to be occupied with a lot of activities, based on your interests. The advantage here is that, if it not rains also, you wouldn't sweat.

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 15 June 2012, 18:31
3. Re: Thekkady or Kumarakom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 10:19