We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hire car with Driver

Brit in UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Hire car with Driver

I am looking to arrange a tour in Kerala end of Sept / early Oct 2012 for up to two weeks starting in Kochi. I was originally thinking of doing a circuit back to Kochi but other posts seem to suggest it may be better to end at Varkala or Kovalam and fly back to the UK out of TVR.

I am looking to hire a car with Driver for the duration of the journey. Any tips on vehicle choice, recommends for operators (especially from anyone having done this route) will be gratefully received.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

1. Re: Hire car with Driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 12:35
Brit in UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hire car with Driver

Thanks for taking the time to write Jenz I appreciate your advice .

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hire car with Driver

also try to post it on to the message board on the state tourism department website www.keralatourism.org , mentioning the number of days and destinations . this will give you quotes from different agents for different vehicle types

Brit in UK
Level Contributor
3 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hire car with Driver

Thank you Neenu-Raj. I checked out the Kerala tourism web site. The difficult with so many firms to choose from is picking any one of these. This is why I was looking for personal recommends from fellow travellers who have been to the region. Price is of course important but it isn't the only consideration. I need to do some more work on my possible itinerary and then I will be able to seek more detailed quotes.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hire car with Driver

Jenz

Thanks for your report. Which homestay did you use in Vagamon.

You seem to recommend a drver. Which car is he using. Did you hire the car from the airport? How did you find him? is he from a tour company?

Suresh P R, Palmland Tours, Kerala

6. Re: Hire car with Driver

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2013, 12:35
7. Re: Hire car with Driver

Removed on: 23 July 2012, 17:44
kerala
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Hire car with Driver

visit the website www.lemaholidays.com

London
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hire car with Driver

Hi,

I wondered what car company you ended up booking with and whether you would reccommend them?

I am going to Kerala for about 10 days in October this year and am also trying to organise a car and driver.

many thanks

Liz

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
6,832 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hire car with Driver

Hello Liz ,

Please use the PM option here to send a message ( if you are trying to asking the feedback from fly22 ) as that would send an email alert to their email address.so you might get a response from them