We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spiceland Holidays

KOLKATA
Level Contributor
129 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Spiceland Holidays

We planning to go kerala in December this year.

we met the representative of Spiceland holidays at a tourism fair in kolkata We found there offers competitive and planning to book through them.

Has anybody traveled with them earlier and how reliable they are with their services

Kindly suggest.

Iris Holidays
Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Carnival Tours & Travels
Boat Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Green Hope Tourism
Private Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Just Taxi Holidays
Multi-day Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Sightseeing Tours
Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spiceland Holidays

Their name appears in the list of tour operators classified by Kerala state tourism department

https:/…classifiedtouroperator.php

2. Re: Spiceland Holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 04:05
3. Re: Spiceland Holidays

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 28 April 2013, 04:05
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Spiceland Holidays

Anna D

Self promotion is not allowed in TA, Please read the forum rules.

Suresh

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spiceland Holidays

We booked with Spiceland Holidays for our trip to Kerela. Sandeep in the London office could not have been more helpful in helping design our perfect holiday. He was more than happy not only to come up with suggestions but also to address any concerns and to try and help tweek the arrangements to suit. Arriving in Kerela was very slick as we were met by the Spiceland rep and immediately taken to our car to meet Mr Damodaram our wonderful driver who put up with us for two weeks. We contacted Jessy in the Cochin office whilst we were there as weren't happy with one of the hotels. She was wonderful and arranged a prompt move. We were so grateful to her as the rest of our holiday was just amazing. Would certainly use this company again.

6. Re: Spiceland Holidays

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2014, 13:02
Edited: 16 February 2014, 13:02
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spiceland Holidays

Sir, this is a genuine post by a very satisfied customer. Kay M

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spiceland Holidays

I would like to share my experience with Spiceland holidays, Kerala. I visited Kerala in the month of October 2013. While booking with them , they were prompt in terms of replying and asking for advance. The problem started when we visited there. When we landed to Cochin airport, we tried calling the driver, whose number was shared with us over email. His phone was switched off, we tried reaching the Manager but he did not pick up phone later he told it was Sunday and they are not working !!. After waiting for about 1 hour outside airport another guy arrived and told us he is from Spiceland and would be our driver for next seven days. I was shocked to see the state of car he brought with him (An Innova was promised on phone by My. Arun and a pathetic condition Tavera was sent). The car was in such a bad condition that we could not tolerate to sit even for 10 mins. I again tried reaching Spiceland and very bluntly they replied that this is the only car available and we can't do anything. Anyway, we had to continue in that shabby car as we had already paid them the advance 50% and balance as soon as we started the journey.

The driver was one of the worst drivers I have traveled with. Through out seven days, he kept asking for routes and ways for places and sightseeing spots. He has no clue what so ever of the routes. He would never take us out anywhere after 5.30 PM ! This is crazy because if you want to visit beaches and good evening spots it is only after that time. We had to either pay him extra money or rent outside vehicle for evening sight seeing.

My wife even got hurt from the unattended nails in the car and the driver refused to go to the hospital as it was not in itinerary !

In those seven days I called spiceland at least 50 times to help me resolve these problems but they just did not respond and always kept backing up the driver. Later they told us that he is not their 'own' driver and if we have any complaints we need to talk to another guy who runs the travel agency and the driver works for him. When we called that guy, we got a reply that he never interacted with us and never committed anything to us. If we have problems, we need to talk to Spiceland only !

The driver did not follow any itinerary and kept taking us to places he would want to and that to after asking for directions from people.

On the second last day of trip he took us to an emporium for shopping, which we though was very over priced so we asked him to take us to some of the known places (which my friend told me over phone). He refused to take us there stating that this is the only place he is supposed to take us to. This was really strange.

Next day morning my flight was at 5.30 AM and I asked the driver to drop us at airport by 4.30. He simply refused saying that the work hour starts after 9 AM ! He asked us to pay 'extra' for odd hours. We had to pay him loads of money because the hotel did not had any vehicle available in short notice and we had no other option.

At the airport again he started asking for 'TIP'. I was already angry because Spiceland messed up my trip He infact already cheated (rather looted us) by asking for money to do things written in the itinerary, which I paid because I was travelling with family and I did not want to mess with any local person there.

I really had a very horrible experience with Spiceland holiday and would not recommend it to anyone at all (Even if they offer you everything free !)

They just spoiled my seven days and a huge sum of money I spent on flight and travel. Please avoid at all cost.

Kochi (Cochin...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Spiceland Holidays

Dear Kay mitchell

Thank you so much for the valuable review on Trip Advisor!

We are happy that our services from London and Cochin Office met all your expectations.

We thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you to India again.

England, United...
Level Contributor
13,123 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Spiceland Holidays

#9, obviously a representative of the company mentioned by the OP over 2 years ago, joined TA today just to comment on an old thread and bump it up the forum board.

Reported for advertising, solicitation and self promotion.