We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Motorcycling in Kerala

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Motorcycling in Kerala

I have been wondering if there would be motorcycle tours to the forest regions etc. in Kerala? We are experienced bikers but hesitant to venture into the wild India traffic on our own. I can find some specialized companies offering two week tours, but we'd be interested of day trips or such.

Any information would be helpful.

Yes, I know some people may think we are out of or minds... :-)

Edited: 20 August 2012, 16:02
Cochin(Munnar)
Level Contributor
61 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

motor cycling on midnight through the wild life area is very dangerous.many times the single elephants attacks the riders during the day time also.I have gud experience ,So pls don't do on night time and it is not allowed by motorcycles during the night time,only 4 wheel allotted.if u interested my friend who is an wild life photographer also will help,if u r interested pls do PM.

Des Plaines...
Level Contributor
284 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

How many of you are there? If you can get some local companions, you may plan for some motorcycling during daytime. In my knowledge, there is no tour operators who'll help you with this. If you have any reliable local contacts, you may make use of it.

TT_Chennai

Finland
Level Contributor
894 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

Thank you, this confirms the picture I already had. We'd be just two people, not a group... sorry forgot to mention that. We might just opt for checking this again when we travel there and see what the traffic and local roads are like. The dangers with encountering wildlife is a good point.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

My bet is when you are there you will not attempt to tackle the roads!! Anyway, see how it goes. Whatever you decide have a great time.

yorkshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

there are some great stretches of road... but not for flying...lol...

out of the cities the trafic is...em... reasonable

i would go for it but only during the day... and be very aware

they come right out at road junctions

and the rule of the road is 'no rules' for them

yorkshire
Level Contributor
102 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

tdouble post...

Edited: 23 August 2012, 14:23
7. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2012, 17:40
Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,916 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

There are some North Indian tour companies offering Bike tours in South India. I had the opportunity to meet them and their clients as well. They always try to get alternative road through villages to avoid the main highways where ever possible. Munnar – Parambikulam – Silent valley route is part of their itinerary. All you need is a good plan, know the routes and a bike in good condition.

Suresh P R

9. Re: Motorcycling in Kerala

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2013, 05:15