We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to Visit in April - May

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Places to Visit in April - May

Hi,

I and my wife plans to vacation in Kerala during April end. Please suggest places we should see. We have 4n/5d.

I hope it is not humid or too hot during that period.

Best regards,

Gaurav

cochin
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to Visit in April - May

april climate is fine

try 2 nights munnar, 1 night houseboat and 1 night backwater resort

George

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to Visit in April - May

Hi George,

Can you please suggest places for Backwaters and Houseboat?

Also, Do I need to hire a taxi from Kochi to travel across Kerala ? or Transport (Buses) is good enough ? Which is more cost effective?

Best regards,

Gaurav

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to Visit in April - May

Alleppey and Kumarakom are the popular backwater destination. more houseboat operates from Alleppey area

you can travel between destinations by public transport. between Cochin - Munnar and Munnar - Alleppey , you have to rely on Government buses

Cochin - Alleppey - Kovalam , you can take bus or Train

it is definitely cost effective but takes more time than expected at times due to the traffic at peak hours , so consider this when you plan your destinations and transport choice

4. Re: Places to Visit in April - May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2014, 05:19