We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Munnar Weather in December

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
137 posts
101 reviews
Save Topic
Munnar Weather in December

I had heard that the weather in Munnar was cool in December and I was surprised to see that this past December the temperatures got into the high 80s or 90 degrees F every day, only cooling down to the mid to high 70s at night. We were thinking about a homestay but are used to A/C with 80+ degree weather and are concerned that we will be uncomfortable without A/C.

I hope I don't sound like a spoiled American, but it all depends on what you are used to. Can anyone who has spent time in Munnar in December provide advice about the weather. Was this last December unusual or are the temperatures normally in the high 80s to 90F at that time of year?

Thanks.

1. Re: Munnar Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2013, 20:21
Munnar, India
Level Contributor
324 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Munnar Weather in December

Hi

Munnar experiences a moderate climate throughout the year. Summer

(March to May)

Are pleasant and the temperature ranges a maximum of 25C to minimum of 15C. Winters during December to February are cool and temperature comes down to 10C during this period some time 0c comes to December months . Monsoons (June to September) are lovelymunnar with pouring rainfalls.

Regards

Lovelymunnar

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
958 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Munnar Weather in December

There was nothing unusual about last year. Temperatures were higher but only by 2-3 degree celsius. I can vouch for it because I spend my new year eve in Munnar and most of the resorts in Munnar does not have an AC because of this comfortable weather.

Though Munnar has pleasant climate throughout the year, it experiences colder winters and the weather is extremely cold during winter (December/January). The temperatures can drop to five degree celsius conditions during the peak winter season. However you wont experience snow like North Indian hill stations like Shimla or Manali. . The hill station does not witness heavy snowfall and tourists throng Munnar in December during Christmas and New Year

4. Re: Munnar Weather in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 07:15