We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it safe to travel alone (female)

England
Level Contributor
43 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Is it safe to travel alone (female)

Given all the negative press recently, my family are very concerned that I am planning to travel to South India alone in October, 2013 (I am 53)

Can you advise please?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it safe to travel alone (female)

There are a lot of solo women travellers in South India so don't worry about it as long as you keep to the usual tourist areas you won't have a problem and I'm sure you'll meet other travellers. I felt safer in India than in any European country.

Dubendorf...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it safe to travel alone (female)

Lizzy, how was / is your experience in travelling alone? I'm same age and like to go Kerala early November for 1 week. rossa1310

Edited: 21 October 2013, 03:58
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
579 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it safe to travel alone (female)

South India is a very safe place for solo travelers. I belong to North India. and i have seen in my travel to South India that the part of India is very much Tourism Friendly and welcomes you with Open heart. so chill and Enjoy your travel to South India.

The only Reason Why North India is not that safe as South is Everyone is busy in there life, office, college etc. lot of work. everyone is so tensed. and that is somewhere we lack it in few of northern parts. like Delhi.

i should not say this about New Delhi as i am also a born Delhi Guy. but fact is fact, any way we keep on try to improve ourselves.

Chuck my thing, Enjoy travel.

4. Re: Is it safe to travel alone (female)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 October 2013, 07:35
5. Re: Is it safe to travel alone (female)

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2013, 11:27
6. Re: Is it safe to travel alone (female)

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 05:16