We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Save Topic
Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Hi, I need help in planning an itenary for Kerela based on the below requirements and details.

No of People - 4 (2 newly wed couples)

Date of Travel - 9th Jan Arrival time 12.05pm - 19th Jan Departure time 14.35

Travel Destination - Mumbai - Mangalore round trip (Flights already booked).

Reason for booking a flight to Mangalore is because We will be travelling to Kannur(170kms) from Mangalore to pick up a Car (Open Jeep) and will be driving it ourselves. We have ample of time and is planning a road trip so that we can reach and stay at any place as per our convenience... Can someone help me with an itenary keeping in mind that i have to return to Kannur again to drop the Car and catch a flight as per the details mentioned above... Any help will be highly appreciated.

Hyderabad, India
Level Contributor
3,052 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

You have 9 days. Do elaborate which places you like to see.

Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Sanjeev - Thanks for your prompt reply I have 11 days, i would like to cover most of the places which are worst spending time. Considering we will be on our honeymoon which places would you recommend and in what order? I have a car so traveling shouldnt be a problem.

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Option 1

From kannur proceed to wayanad 3 days and kozhikode 3 days and if you are interested in houseboat proceed to Alleppey 2 days

From kozhikode to Alleppey it is long journey you may break either in Kochi or Athirampally waterfalls for one day

if you feel too length to cover them...

Option 2 From Kannur proceed to Coorg 3 days and to wayanad 3 days and kozhikode 3 days and back to kannur 2 days

Edited: 11 July 2013, 16:59
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Thanks Alen, the option sounds good... I was planning a different direction Kochi-Munnar-Kumarakom-Kovalam-Alleyppey. Any suggestions to cover this route?? I have my own car so suggest me a route which would cover all fantastic locations without wasting much time. Looking forward for a fantastic journey filled with adventure. Thanks in anticipation.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
854 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Hi

Consider Mangalore-Coorg-Mysore-Ooty-Wayanad-Calicut-Kannur-Bekal-Mangalore route.

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays

chennai
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras)
Level Contributor
3,766 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Your route also covers major attractions both Alleppey and Kumarakom located very close choose either one

Stay in a hotel or resort located on the bank of Vembanand lake which divides Alleppey and Kumarakom or If you stay in a a houseboat cruise through this lake

Edited: 12 July 2013, 05:13
Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Hello

I have quoted the rough tour plan

Kannur- cochin - Munnar - Thekkady - Varkala - Kovalam - Alleppey - and back to Kannur

Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Hi IndiaTravelFriend.

Your route sounds good, can you also suggest number of days halt?? How much time it will take me to reach cochin from Kannur??

I will be reaching Mangalore @ 12.30pm and will start my 4 hour journey to Kannur (170kms) from Mangalore... Would it be advisable to leave Kannur Asap for Cochin?? How many hours travel it would be?

Tiruchirappalli...
Level Contributor
38 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Hi friend

From Kannur to Cochin nearly 300 Kms, the road also not very nice frome Mangalore to cochin, that is narrow road, so I think you need one full day

Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon in Kerela - Special Help required

Thanks mate, it means leaving from Kannur in the evening will not be a good idea, i would have to leave to Cochin probably the next day early morning.

What options do i have in Kannur?