We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varkala train trips

Birmingham, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Varkala train trips

Hi, My Wife and I are off to Varkala in Feb 2014 for a couple of weeks. can anyone recommend a train trip from Varkala to somewhere about 2 or 3 hours away to get a feel for real India. Don't mind overnighting. Would like to break the beach time for a little adventure. Doesn't necessarily need to be touristy and prefer if it wasn't. Been to Kovalam and Trivandrum already. Anyone help? Cheers, Smudge.

Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
7,023 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Varkala train trips

2- 3 hours by train from Varkala, you can go to Alleppey , Marari , Fort Cochin towards the North

and to Kanyakumari towards the south

London, United...
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Varkala train trips

My wife and I are going to Varkala in November for three weeks and would be very interested to know if you went on any train trips. Also if there's any problem for European ladies to be wearing tasteful bikinis on the beach. Also any tips you can give us. We'll be staying at the Gateway on full board.

Kind Regards

Glen

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varkala train trips

Hi Glen

you may visit any place mentioned by earthyroutes.

Also you can visit kovalam beaches & poovar islands

There wont be anyproblem in wearing bikinis in beaches,but not anywhere else

4. Re: Varkala train trips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 05:15