We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wayanad and Nagarhole information

Wiltshire, Uk
Level Contributor
13 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Wayanad and Nagarhole information

Thank you for the replies to my posting on Itinerary for Kerala. I am almost there with the planning and what we want to see. However, not quite clear yet on the 3 nights approx we have between Mysore and Ooty.

From many other posts I can see that Nagarhole NP is good for wildlife and scenery and relaxing. I am not sure what Wayanad has to offer which is different from Nagarhole.

If we do Nagarhole area (which seems only to offer top dollar accommodation) are there suggestions for less expensive accommodation?

If we decide to do Wayanad too is it better to do Mysore Nagarhole Wayanad Ooty or Mysore Wayanad Nagarhole and then Ooty. We will be travelling by car and driver.

Also if we do Nagarhole does Periyar offer much of the same as we have that on our itinerary too, but maybe if we visit Nagarhole we only stay at Periyar for one night?

all replies welcomed and much appreciated

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Wayanad and Nagarhole information

You can try out accommodation in Kabini which is cheaper than Nagarhole and visit Nagarhole park. Wayanad has tea gardens while Nagarhole is a wildlife sanctuary

It is better to do Mysore Nagarhole Wayanad Ooty. However this depends on your convenience actually and nothing much can be saved here with respect to time

When you go to Periyar or Nagarhole whether you will see the wold animals or not depends on your luck and there is no boating in Nagarhole.

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
877 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wayanad and Nagarhole information

Hi

1. Nagarhole is a nice wild life sanctuary. Wayanad has Muthanga WLS and Tholpetty WLS. Apart from that Pookot Lake, Banasura Sagar Dam, Soochipara Waterfalls, Edakkal Caves, Kuruva Island are other major places.

2. I suggest, do 1 Night Madikeri (If you have time), travel Madikeri (Coorg)-Wayanad and enroute you can visit Nagarhole.

3. Ooty is in different direction. You can do Mysore-Madikeri-Nagarhole-Wayanad within the time..

4. Boating in Periyar will be a different experience.

Any other clarification, please let me know

Regards

Sam

Groowynd Holidays

Kochi (Cochin...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wayanad and Nagarhole information

Thank you all for your valuable replies.

I would like to have some guidance on driving directions also from Calicut.

like Calicut -Coorg -Nagarhole-Wayand-calicut

or any better options

Regards

Pradeep

4. Re: Wayanad and Nagarhole information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2015, 04:19