We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

itinerary help

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
itinerary help

We have 7 nights/8 days in Kerala.

We arrive in Cochin at 11:30 am. As it is we have 2 nights planned in Munnar. My dilemma is this - is it worth spending that first night in Cochin or transfer to Munnar the first day and spend 3 nights in Munnar? We have 2 kids - 10 and 6 so keep that in mind.

thanks for your suggestions.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: itinerary help

Hi

is your return flight from.cochin.if yes you may proceed ro munnarsince you arrive at 11:30 am.on the way you to munnar you may see vallara and cheeyapara falls which will be a relax in your journey.if you are not planning to go to thekkady,you can do elephant ride on first day itself .2 days full will be in your hand to cover munnar.

From munnar where us your next place.

You may add thekkady and alapuzha houseboat on coming days.

On the other side if you are not departing from cochin,it will be better to spend half day in fort cochin and proceed to munnar next day morning.

Happy journey

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
956 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: itinerary help

Hi Hetalp,

Almost all important Munnar sightseeing places can be covered within 2 days. You can have Cochin sightseeing in the first day itself, if you prefer.

Cheers,

Arun

Travelers Point | Team Experience Kerala

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: itinerary help

Arriving in Cochin at 1130 - from Cochin to Munnar (2 nights) - thekkady 1n - alleppy 1n - kovalam 1n - kanyakumari 1n - depart from Trivandrum.

My question is - is the Cochin really that special to spend half day or skip it ? And use extra day In any of the above places ?

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,238 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: itinerary help

You may easily skip coxhin and to me its not a must see place in kerala.however many travellers are enjoying it and if you have little time to spare just check attractions in cochin trip advisor page.

If you arw skipping you can spend it in munnar and my first reply in this is post may be little helpfup.

With regards

Arun

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: itinerary help

Thanks Arun fornyour input.

Arriving in Cochin at 1130 - from Cochin to Munnar (2 nights) - thekkady 1n - alleppy 1n - kovalam 1n - kanyakumari 1n - depart from Trivandrum.

My question is - is the Cochin really that special to spend half day or skip it ? And use extra day In any of the above places ?

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
963 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: itinerary help

Depends on what you want to do in Kochi, If you love and enjoy history and culture then you may enjoy a stay in Fort Kochi area. If you want to visit amusement park with your kids , then Veegaland is worth the visit.

You can also refer to the post at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297631-i5501-k512… that may help you in planning the trip

Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
920 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: itinerary help

I think that Cochin is well worth at least half a day. It is one of the most historic places in Kerala and there is quite a lot to see and the atmosphere is good. It is also a good easy baptism into India. Try to take in the Kathakali in the evening. We spent 3 nights there before moving on to Munnar for two nights. I honestly think that one full day and night is enough for Munnar

8. Re: itinerary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 February 2015, 05:26