We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

Mangalore, India
1 post
Save Topic
Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

Where to go? Wayanad or Munnar or Ooty in second week of June?

Edited: 31 March 2014, 09:19
Kerala
Destination Expert
for Kerala, Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Munnar
Level Contributor
7,178 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

Ooty in June

if you love rains /monsoon then wayanad or Munnar

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

June will be monsoon season and all the places will be green.i will suggest you to do both ooty and wayanad together.both are not much far away.you can spend 3-4 days in wayanad easily.There are lots to see there .wildlife in wayanad not to be missed.i was there in both wayanad and ooty last week and enjoyed a lot.i used to take my car during evening in thirunelly and kutta road for 3 days and was able to spot elephants,deers,wild guars,monkeys etc.speed boat ride in banasura dam,row/pedal boat in pookot lake,visit to kuruwa dweep,thirunelly temple and papanasham stream etc was also exciting.i didnt went to soojipara and meenmutty because of less water falls,but june will be good time to visit.a ride on jeep through muthanga or tholpetty wild life santuary are also intresting.Trekking to chembra peak,visit to edakal caves etc also can be included.A ride through ghat road both up and down, having 9 hair pin curves,is also mind blowing.there are other tourist spots also and i list only the major ones.dont forget to taste mulayari payasom available near thirunelly temple and unniyappom from kattikulam unniyapom shop.

I recommend to spend 3-4 days in wayanad.

The places i went ooty were shooting point,ooty lake boating,eucalyptus plantation visit,tea factory & museum visit,botanical garden,suicide point.you may also include rose garden,wax museum,pykara dam to your list.1 or 2 days is sufficient for ooty.

3. Re: Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 11:41
Edited: 14 March 2015, 11:41
Munnar, India
Level Contributor
248 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

Hi KChandru

You can spent

Munnar 2 Nights

Kodaikanal 2 night

Ooty 2 Night

Entry Cochin or Madurai

Exit Coimbatore

Regards

Lovelymunnar

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,504 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

June is monsoon time. If you want to sit down, relax and enjoy the rains, visit Kerala. There is nothing like unwinding yourself with a drink and watching the rains from your sitout. If you want to travel and do some sightseeing, this wouldn't be the ideal time.

6. Re: Kerala/Tamilnadu trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 April 2015, 06:16