We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help which area to stay

darlington
Level Contributor
464 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Help which area to stay

Hi am planning a 4 day trip to Kerala whilst staying in goa , would like to see Chinese fishing nets, take a backwater trip, visit fort kochi , markets , was looking at ernakulam district to stay ,could anyone advise or help me if this is the best place to stay for best or easiest accessibility to these places , if not could anyone advise where best area to stay in or suggest hotel 4 or 5 star , many thanks

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help which area to stay

Hi

if these are only the preferences yoy may stay at cochin and kumarakom and spend 2 days each.

In kumarakom you can stay at kumarakom.lake resort.you can also check vivanta by taj and coconut lagoon.

In.cochin yo u can consider brunton boatyard & old harbour hotel

Munnar, India
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help which area to stay

Hi chrissysport

You can spent

1 Night fort cochin

1 Night Kumarakom

1 Night Alleppey Houseboat

Entry & Exit Cochin or Eranakulam

Regards

lovelymunnar Holidays

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help which area to stay

The best place to stay in Fort Kochi for the activities mentioned above . You can go to Alleppey for backwater trip whilst staying in Fort Kochi. In addition to the hotels mentioned above , you can consider Tissas Inn as well at fridaysunday.in/stay-tissas-inn-fort-kochi/

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,888 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help which area to stay

chrissysport. Ernakulam is a great sprawling place and ok if you don't mind busy cities. I have stayed there a few times and don't mind it. You can get ferries from there to Fort Kochi and other Islands. I stay at the Avenue Regent on MG Road. Here is a link for the hotel.

http://theavenueregent.com/

Or you may prefer to stay in Fort Kochi as it is smaller in area and there is enough there to keep you occupied, including the fishing nets. I think you could possibly do a local backwater tour from there but I have not done so. Maybe someone else can help on this. I have been on the backwaters at Alleppy/Kollam.You will find markets there and in Ernakulam.

If you look at the maps on this link it will give you an idea of where the different areas/islands are.

https:/…

Edited: 15 May 2014, 15:54
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,655 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help which area to stay

With your inclination for Kochi and surroundings, I would recommend Brunton's Boat Yard or Taj Malabar. Slightly on the higher side, but great places for stay. As suggested by lgirl, if you want to explore Ernakulam, boat trips to and fro would be interesting. There are plenty of boats shuttling between these places.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help which area to stay

HI,

Fort Kochi would be an ideal destination to stay.

It would enable you to visit the Chinese fishing net, the markets and the attractions of Fort Kochi. Two days would be enough. The Old Harbour Hotel comes highly recommended by TA.

On the evening of the second day, take a cab to Kumarakom. Kumarakom offers great resorts, beautiful backwaters, a good bird sanctuary and houseboats which offer a great way to see rural Kerala. The Kumarakom Lake Resorts, Zuri, Taj are all great places to stay. Do try a session of Ayurveda and experience how a 5000 year old science rejuvenate the body. You may take a cab (90 minutes away) to the airport for the return.

Welcome to Kerala.

darlington
Level Contributor
464 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help which area to stay

Thanks everyone for replies much appreciated will look at all these options

Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Help which area to stay

Vythiri resort wayanadu

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,263 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help which area to stay

Pls do not spam here nawfal mohammed by posting irrelevant information or advertising.

The author doent asked for accomodation in wayanad.

10. Re: Help which area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:21