We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala in first half of December with baby

Dehi
Level Contributor
31 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Kerala in first half of December with baby

Hi people,

I am planning to go to Kerala for around 7-8 days in the first half of December with my wife and 1.5 yrs old kid. I would love to do Munnar among other places like Cochin, Kumarakom and Aleppey but want to avoid exposing kid to cold weather so I guess Munnar would be out of the itinerary. So any suggestions for like a week in Kerala.. not interested in temples or animal watching but we are big foodie..

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerala in first half of December with baby

You may visit cochin,thekkady,kumarakom,alapuzha.if you like beaches include varkala/kovalam.

for waterfalls you may visit athirapally

enjoy local foods and sea foods and it should be available in almost all the above places.

Munnar will be definetely having cool climate in december.I am not able to advce regarding munnar travel with kid in december.someothers may help on this.

Varkala, India
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerala in first half of December with baby

Hai i suggest varkala

Varkala, a quiet suburban coastal town, unlike Goa beaches, situated in the outskirts of Trivandrum, is the most opted tourist and romantic travel destination spot in South Kerala. Varkala beach is quite a unique beach holiday destination when compared with Goa , Maldives, Mauritius and Bali; which is characterized by an array of cliffs adjacent to Sea, which is recognized as varkala formation by Geological survey of India and huge backwater stretch flows into the Arabian sea at estuaries. The serene and white beaches equipped with a widespread sand carpet and fresh water spouts or the houseboat cruise through the backwater will set the mood warm for a rejuvenating holiday experience - made this destination, among the best beaches of India and are awarded by millions of world travelers. The coastal township is also famous for many religious customs deeply rooted with Kerala’s cultural heritage is also the tripAdvisors choice, with a 2000year old Vishnu temple on the south cliff. For family beach vacation and honeymooners - a houseboat cruise along backwater, fabulous warm water swim, a walk by the shore with the gentle waves caressing your feet or the splendid sight of sunset on the sea horizon from atop a cliff over hanging the sea will be idle or most perfect . Varkala, as a tripAdvisor, gives you everything in a platter from beach, backwater, estuary, forts, palaces etc. To add cream to the topping are the water adventure sports facilities like Para jumping, board surfing, sailing and kayaking, cycling through the long coastal cycling zone.

www.kshetraresorts.com

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerala in first half of December with baby

@kshetra

Self promotion not allowed in forum kshetra

Varkala, India
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Kerala in first half of December with baby

@ Arun-Tina: Requests go through the lines, you may hardly find any self promotion.Through this we are exhibiting this wonderful, untouched piece of land,the world to explore. We welcome too..

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kerala in first half of December with baby

@kshetra

i appreaciate your post regarding varkala.the reason why i said self promotion is disclosing contact details in TA is against TA policies and you had provided your website along with the valuable info you provided.

6. Re: Kerala in first half of December with baby

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 06:16