We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Card Details

london
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Card Details

Hi All,

I am booking a room at Vivante by Taj in Kumarkom. They are asking for my full credit card details as well as pictures of my card, this doesn't feel right to me. Can I please ask what people think?

Thank you

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Card Details

Some hotels in India do ask for this but I do not send any details by email. Surely a big group like the Taj have the facility for a secure online payment for a deposit. I would not do it but it is up to you. These places really do need to get their act together if they want to be taken seriously.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Card Details

eventhough taj is a reputed firm,i too not in favor of submittinfg all these details to a third party.why cant you try another similar one in kumarakom like kumarakom lake resort,zuri etc

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,619 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Card Details

That's is exactly what I do Arun-Tina; move onto another choice. Must say though when I went to India last November/December, I booked most of the hotels through makemytrip as the rate was cheaper.

london
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Card Details

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies. I am now considering trying either the Zuri or lake resort as they also look really nice.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Card Details

i am sure all these complications will reduce the business only.

as Igirl suggested,makemytrip is also a good alternative to try to book these hotel

london
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Card Details

I will definitely have a look at makemytrip.

Thank you

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
12,450 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Card Details

There are no issues if you give the copy of the face of your Credit card, because this information has to be shared in any case. But, never ever provide copy of the back side of the card. If at all you give, make sure the security code is blackened out. And make payments only through secured sites.

Credit card companies are making it tighter only because lot of on-line frauds are happening all around the world.

Otherwise, the option for you is to switch hotels.

8. Re: Card Details

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16