We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet another iteniary help

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Yet another iteniary help

I would be traveling to Kerala for 7N in end of Sept. Both my flights are from Trivandrum. I would like to cover Munnar, Alleppey/ Kumarakom and Kollam

Please suggest the following

1. I would be landing at around 2 in afternooon. I am planing to go to kollam. Stay for night and head to Munnar. How much time it take to travel to from trivandrum to kollam and kollam to Munnar. I am staying in kollam only to avoid lot of travelling on first day. Any other suggestions.

2. Stay in Munnar for 3 or 4 days and head to alleppey. Please suggest where to stay and how much time should I spent there. I have heard there is mosquito problem in house boat.

3. How much time it take to travel from alleppey to trivandrum. My flight is leaving at 2;30 in afternooon.

Please help. I have to do my hotel booking. Also How much is Indica non A/c car hire charges per day.

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Thiruvananthapuram...
Thiruvananthapuram District, India
Kumarakom
Kumarakom
Kottayam District, India
Kollam
Kollam
Kollam District, India
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Kaiya House
Kaiya House
#1 of 52 hotels in Varkala
The Fog Resort & Spa
The Fog Resort & Spa
#1 of 15 hotels in Chithirapuram
Amaana Plantation Resort
Amaana Plantation Resort
#1 of 51 hotels in Thekkady
Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet another iteniary help

Hi manmohan

welcome to kerala :)

Sorry to say that you have choose wrong airport for both arrival & departure for your itinerary.you need to travel very long distance which lose unneccessary time & money.as per your itinerary

1) kollam is around 1.5 hr from airport(66 km).varkala beach is 1 hr from airport(48km).if you want beach experiance head to varkala.

Munnar is 225 km from kollam & 240km from varkala.it will be a minimum 7hr journey.

2) with 4 days in munnar,you can cover almost all places.if you check previous munnar forum posts,you can find 4 day munnar itineraries.stay in chinnakanal area.There is not much mosquito problem in houseboats.they are taking precautions.in premium houseboats,its fully covered with glass and all and chance of seeing mosquito is almost zero.

3) alapuzha trivandrum airport is 150 km and it will take min of 3.5 hours.it may take upto 4 hrs depending on traffic. ask your cab when to depart to reach airport at time to get correct time

A non ac indica costs you max rs 1500 per day for 150 km limit & extra km charged at rs 9/km

Mentioned in this post
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet another iteniary help

Arun-Tina has rightly said about your arrival/departure airports. It's better you start from one end and leave from the other end so that you don't have to travel the entire stretch again.

7 nights is ample time to do south India. If you can change the departure airport, it would be worth the effort. You can use that time either at Fort Kochi or see the Athirapilly waterfalls.

Mentioned in this post
Fort Kochi Beach
Fort Kochi Beach
833 Reviews
Kochi (Cochin), India
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet another iteniary help

I know I have selected wrong departure airport. But bookings are already done, so cant be changed.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet another iteniary help

Hi

you dont have much option left

day 1- stay at kollam/varkala

Day 2-proceed to munnar at early morning,reach by afternoon,stay

day 3-5- munnar sight seeing

day 6-alapuzha house boat,overnight stay

day 7-proceed to kovalam,stay

day 8-trivandrum sightseeing,departure

5. Re: Yet another iteniary help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 07:16