We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerela Honeymoon Iteneray

Delhi, Delhi, India
4 posts
Save Topic
Kerela Honeymoon Iteneray

Hey Guys,

I am planning a honeymoon trip to kerela with dep date of 18 Aug !!!

Need Suggestions on the following :

1. Will rains will play spoilsport ?

2. Have heard a lot about backwaters and munnar !! how should I plan my 6 days with arrival to dept ( I read arrive at kochi and depart from trivandupuram - will it be useful ? )

3. Want to spend more time in backwater or a beach resort and a hill resort, so any suggestions regarding hotels ??

I request please reply as many and as much in detail as possible

Thanks

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerela Honeymoon Iteneray

Hi varlib

welcome to kerala :)

The time you selected for honeymoon in kerala falls in monsoon season and you can expect rains.you will not be able to do continous sightseeing,but it will not spoil the fun.

you can avoid beaches in this time because of monsoon and because of this your arrival & departure points shall be cochin.

you should include munnar hill station,stay in a back water resort in kumarakom & spend a day in a premium houseboat.

day wise itinerary is

day-1 kochi

day-2 & 3-munnar

day-4 -kumarakom

day-5-alapuzha house boat

day-6 departure

its better to have a cab for whole trip which can be found by posting a query in message board of kerala tourism website

enjoy your trip

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
937 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerela Honeymoon Iteneray

The above itinerary suggested by Arun Tina is good. However as you want to spend time in beach side resort as well, youcan replace Kumarakom with Marari or Cherai.

You dont have to worry about rains as much because rains may not spoil your sightseeing in any of the places above and heavy monsoon rains are already going away

Kochi (Cochin...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerela Honeymoon Iteneray

In month of August there is no rainy time but some times rain comes.Both suggestions are good but on first day we can change Cochin .

Itinerary as follows

day 1- Cochin Arrival transfer to Athirappilly(Water falls )

day 2-Munnar

day 3-Munnar

day4-kumarakom

day5-Alleppey(House boat)

day6-Cochin(depart)

4. Re: Kerela Honeymoon Iteneray

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 05:16