We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alcohol

lancs
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
alcohol

hi everyone

we have just booked a 3 wk tour of kerala doing from what i can gather the usual things mysore, ooty ,thekkady, kochi ect, i have noticed not all of our hotels have a bar, is beer / wine readily available or will i struggle to watch the sun go down with a beer.

regards brian

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,398 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alcohol

Beer will be available in most places but maybe not all places. I suggest you keep a bottle of wine or whatever your tipple is in your suitcase for emergencies, and stock up as and when required.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,252 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: alcohol

dont worry. beer will be available in most places.

your hotel,restuarant,tuk tuk drivers etc can arrange it for you apart from various beer parlours & bars.

also there are govt stores selling all kind of liquid in all major towns.but not recommended because of very long queue.

also as posted by brave,its a good idea to carry one in your hand .

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,988 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alcohol

In Kerala, liquor is sold through government shops called Beverages outlets. Normally you find a long queue outside these shops. I would never recommend you to stand in that queue for getting liquor. You an also get it from the bar, where the prices would be almost double or more. So, it's better you keep one in hand always.

On the 1st of every month the liquor shops have to be kept closed as per administrative instruction of Government. Other holidays are Gandhi Jayanthi, Commemoration Day of Mahatma Gandhi, Samadhi day of Sree Narayana Guru and Birth Day of Sree Narayana Guru.

It would be better you carry enough staff with you. In Kerala the permissible quantity of liquor that can be possessed and carried is 3 litres of Indian Made Foreign Liquor, 7.8 litres of Beer, 7.8 litres of Wine.

4. Re: alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 06:18