We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Neheru Boat Race

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Munnar, Odisha
Level Contributor
882 posts
40 reviews
Neheru Boat Race

Hi All,

I want to know the duration of the Neheru Boat Race. Every where it's written it 'll be starting somewhere between 1 to 2,30 PM. But no where any info about when it will be ending. Please let me know how long this competition goes on ?? Can I board 7PM train on the same day or notafter the race ends ?

Regards

Aparajita

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
1. Re: Neheru Boat Race

Hello Aparajita,

The race used to commence from 2 PM . But this year there has been a decision to start the kalivallom ( small to medium size canoes ) race from morning and the finals of it and the snake boat races to start after noon so that the events can be finished in time

it ends by 5:45-6 PM but at times dues to delay in conducting races it even goes beyond that

if you are in the tourist pavillion you can start back to the station even before the race ends if it gets delayed

but if you are there on the island pavillion ( rose pavillion / corner ) then it would be difficult

as visitors are transferred to and back by government boats and they starts only after the race ends

if the decision to start the kalivallom boats early is implemented then the races would end in time this year

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Munnar, Odisha
Level Contributor
882 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Neheru Boat Race

Hi Eartyroutes,

Thanks a ton for the information. So excited to see this.

One more question.. View from tourist pavilion is good or not ?? Or do I need to go to island pavilion ?

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
3. Re: Neheru Boat Race

island pavillion is best for the view i would say as it is at an inclined position to the race track , so you get to see the race from a very far off distance almost from 3/4th of the race track

the one thing to consider here is as it is an island , and the transportation to and back is by the government operated ferry. so it starts by 10- 10:30 Am i guess and then you can start back after the race ends , 6 PM or what ever time ( so catching a train by 7 PM would be little risky)

also you have to be seated or have to reach here by 11: 30 Am so that you are comfortably positioned as there are also local crowd here and no seat reservation . so first come occupy the front rows and subsequently you will be seated in the rear rows

considering that , getting seated at the tourist pavilion would be good . here the view is for the last 400-500 meters of the race track ( of one mile approx)

the tickets cost here is 1500 tourist silver and 2500 tourist gold admitting one per ticket.

the cost of island pavillion is Rs 750

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Munnar, Odisha
Level Contributor
882 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Neheru Boat Race

thanks a ton for taking time to explain my queries. The way you have explained everything is so good no further questions.

Booked my train tickets. My train leaves Alleppy at 7.30 .Need to decide which pavilion to book now.

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
5. Re: Neheru Boat Race

may go ahead with the rose corner if the train is at 7:30 PM

Rs 750 admits two pax

Rs 450 for 1 person

Bengaluru, India
Destination Expert
for Munnar, Odisha
Level Contributor
882 posts
40 reviews
6. Re: Neheru Boat Race

Thank you so much for all the information and for all the help @Earthyroutes . Thanks a lot for arranging the tickets also. You really are very helpful. :) :) :)

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,668 posts
7. Re: Neheru Boat Race

great pleasure !!

Happy that you enjoyed your trip here and also the biggest event this part of the state

8. Re: Neheru Boat Race

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2016, 05:16