We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Topic
Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

I (36 yrs) am planning to visit Kerala with my wife(31 yrs) and parents( both above 65 years) during the first week of January,2017 (for 7 nights, 8 days). We are reaching Kochi Airport on 03/01/2017(at 1 pm) and our return flight from Kochi is on 10/01/2017 (at 03:30 pm). We have plans to visit Kochi-Munnar-Thekkady-Kovalam-Alleppey-Kochi and if feasible, Kanyakumari in between. Kindly suggest an itinery for the same (if such plan is possible or not).

We have booked only the flight-tickets. So also need suggestions regarding hotel-stays and Car-booking for Transportation!

Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Kochi Airport
Kochi Airport
Kochi (Cochin), India
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Ernakulam District, India
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Thekkady
Thekkady
Idukki District, India
Kovalam
Kovalam
Thiruvananthapuram District, India
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari
Kanyakumari District, India
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,336 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

Hi,

For car-booking you may post your requirement on the message board of www.keralatourism.org or contact some operator who have been reviewed positively on the forum like Earthyroutes.

CarLink

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

It would have been better if you return from Trivandrum. Else, you will have to travel all the way back to Kochi for the return flight.

Another option is to skip Kovalam and consider Athirapilly (waterfalls) and Marari or Cherai beaches.

Once you finalise the destinations, we can suggest hotels accordingly.

Mentioned in this post
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Thiruvananthapuram...
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Kovalam
Kovalam
Cherai Beach
Cherai Beach
Vypin Island, India
Kerala
Level Contributor
7,491 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

with 7 nights and 8 days

you can consider

Cochin 1 Night

Munnar 2 Nights

Thekkady 1 Night

Kovalam 2 Nights ( day trip to kanyakumari)

Alleppey 1 Night

Mentioned in this post
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
Thekkady
Thekkady
Idukki District, India
Kovalam
Kovalam
Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

@Earthyroutes_Tour: Thank you very much for your guidance. I have decided to follow the plan suggested by you.

Need some further help finalising the detailed itinery ( as per our schedule) and choice of hotels. moreover, my parents are accompanying us, I think it is better to take a Car (of 5-seater variety) for the total trip starting with pick-up from Kochi-Airport (on 03/01/2017) to drop at Kochi-airport (on 10/01/2017). So Kindly suggest in these three areas also.

Mentioned in this post
Kochi Airport
Kochi Airport
Kochi (Cochin), India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

@jacpaul1: Thank you for your rational and practical advice. Yes, after going through the road-distances of the places (we want to visit in Kerala), I do agree that it would have been much more convenient if our return-tickets were from Trivandrum. But as I have already told in my initial post, there was no suitable (with respect to timing) flight available from Trivandrum to our place on the 10/01/2017 and so we were obliged to book our return-tickets from Kochi Airport itself! And although Kovalam is a bit off-route in my plan, I had to primarily stick on it because my family-members are very keen to visit there.

Accordingly, I have decided to follow the following plan : Kochi(1N) -- Munnar (2N) - Thekaddy (1N) -- Kovalam (2N)---Alleppey(1N)- return from Kochi!

Edited: 20 November 2016, 16:23
Mentioned in this post
Kerala
Kerala
India
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Thiruvananthapuram...
Kochi Airport
Kochi Airport
Kochi (Cochin), India
Kovalam
Kovalam
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Munnar
Munnar
Idukki District, India
6. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 January 2017, 14:35
7. Re: Help Needed for proposed Kerala tour in Jan,2017

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 January 2018, 05:15