We (hubby and I) will be flying into Kochi from either Jaipur or Udaipur towards the end of August 2011 ( hoping the rains will be done by then!) and I need some advise. Our budget is for superior (4 star) venues, not necessarily luxurious.
1. Should we spend a day or two in Kochi? If yes, suggestions on what to see and where to stay.
2. What's the best/quickest way to get from Kochi to the Kerala area?
3. Recommendations for a homestay. Looking for a nice place, don't mind paying a bit more than usual, but would like to get a lot of local flavor. We are willing to do all sorts of trekking during the day, but need a very comfy, clean, large bed at night!
4. Recommendations for houseboat. One or two nites?
5. Best way to get back to Mumbai from Kerala area.