We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places must to visit near airport

Which Kochi (Cochin) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai
1 post
Save Topic
places must to visit near airport

I have 7 hrs of stay in cochin airport in the month of upcoming feb , with my wife . Can any body suggest , how can i utilize this time in visiting some the nice places near by.

Plz give me some details of good areas nearby airport

India
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places must to visit near airport

Kaalady sringeri mutt & Adi shankara tower are about 8 kilometers away from airport. It is possible to visit Kodanad Elephant Camp also.

I think 7 hours is enough to Visit Athirapally/Vazhachal water falls. But may be more comfortabel will be Kalady/Kodanad.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
682 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places must to visit near airport

HI,

Nice advice by Indu

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: places must to visit near airport

i would suggest to go to Athirapallay water falls , if you have 7 hours in total

kochin
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: places must to visit near airport

Sir

You can visit Cherai beach and Athirampally & Vazhachal water falls.Cherai beach is 25 Km far from Air port and takes 30 Mins Travels by car.

Athirampally is 40 Km far from Air port and it takes 1 Hr from Air port

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: places must to visit near airport

Hi I have 4 hrs of stay in cochin airport in the month of Nov'12. with my 8 year old Son . Can any body suggest , how can i utilize this time in visiting some the nice places near by.

Chittoor, India
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: places must to visit near airport

Kalady or kodanad is the must see tourist place near to the airport. Kalady is the birthplace of India's most famous Advitha Philosopher Sri-Adi Shankaracharya. Now the place became a famous Ashram where a large Sarada temple and beautiful gallery are exists. Kodanad is the beautiful forest area situated on the banks of the Periyar River. You can visit this place. Both the place is having 7 to 12km from the airport.

7. Re: places must to visit near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Kochi (Cochin)