We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thrissur - Worth a Visit? Festivals During May 7 - 16?

Washington
Level Contributor
164 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Thrissur - Worth a Visit? Festivals During May 7 - 16?

Hi,

We will be in Kerala for 10 days. We will be going to Munnar, Thekkady, and doing a backwater boat, and farm stay. Should we also try to do Thrissur? I read that it was festival time. Are there festivals taking place between May 7 - 16?

If there are no festivals, is Thrissur worth going to? Should we spend more time there than Fort Cochin?

Thanks!

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,656 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Thrissur - Worth a Visit? Festivals During May 7 - 16?

check this festival calendar

http://www.keralatourism.org/event/

Washington
Level Contributor
164 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thrissur - Worth a Visit? Festivals During May 7 - 16?

Thanks for the website. It looks like there is nothing in May. Darn. Is it work going to Thrissur if there are no festivals?

Washington
Level Contributor
164 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thrissur - Worth a Visit? Festivals During May 7 - 16?

I actually was able to find two festivals in Thrissur while we are in Kerala (the website was great, just had to dig a little deeper to find what I needed). The festivals are:

1) Pynkal Bharani festival - Elephants & Percussion - PAINKAL Bhagavathy Temple - May 9, 2013

2) Elephants, Percussion, GRAND POORAM,(next day spl.rituals) - Eyyal Bhagavathy Temple - May 11, 2013

Anyone know about these, is one better than the other?

Thanks!

4. Re: Thrissur - Worth a Visit? Festivals During May 7 - 16?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 January 2014, 21:17