We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

kolkata
5 posts
Save Topic
How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

we have a plan to visit athirpally falls from kochi.we want to see the sunset from there, so we will start about 2 p.m. my question is..

1. how can i get a taxi from kochi to athirapally ? how much is the rate ?

2. how much time it will take from kochi to athirapally (afternoon )?

england, birmingham
Level Contributor
334 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

Hi

I am planning similar too and can answer part of your question. It is 70 kilometers away. May i suggest that you should include another water fall too? Vazhachal waterfalls is only 10 kms away from Athirapally.

look forward to someone suggesting costings.

kolkata
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

Thanks for your suggestion, i will definitely try to visit vazhachal..:)

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

Trip to athirappilly from kochi is a day tour and you will be charged based on kilometers . It will be Rs.12 kiolmeter for Innova and Rs.9 per Km for indica on an average. You can also negotiate for a flat rate for the complete trip before hiring the taxi.

It will take 2.5 hours + from Kochi to Athiirappilly. If you are planning to visit Athirappilly, it would be better to stay in any of the airport hotels instead of hotels in Kochi city.

Would also suggest to go with proper hiking shoes if you are planning to go down to see the waterfalls through the curvy path.

Mentioned in this post
Kochi
Kochi
Kochi (Cochin), India
kolkata
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

2.5 hr?? its about a 70-80km distance...why it will take such long duration??

Kerala
Level Contributor
7,322 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

you could reach with in 2 hours , depending on the traffic

6. Re: How can i visit to athirapally waterfalls from kochi..??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2014, 06:21