We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay?

Which Kochi (Cochin) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
138 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay?

I will be coming from Thekkady to Cochin - reaching in afternoon and will fly out next day night.

Where should I stay - location? A 4star Hotel suggestion will be helpful too. Thanks.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay?

Why cant you stay a day in a backwater resort kumarakom.you are having one and half day and no need to spend in cochin since there is only a max half day sightseeing is there.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
138 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay?

I am already staying at kumarakom prior to cochin.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay?

Hi,

Please do consider The Whyte Fort in Cochin or the Old Harbour Hotel in Fort Kochi. Both come highy recommended by Tripadvisor.

The advantage of the Old Harbour Hotel is that it is in Fort Kochi and you may spend the time checking out the local attractions (if you have not already done so). A cab or a low floor air conditioned bus would drop you to the airport in an hours time from either place.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
158 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay?

If you wish to do Cochin Sight seeing, Fort Cochin hotels would be choice. Hotels like Old Harbour Hotel / Brunton Boatyard / Le Colonial are good stays in Fort Cochin.

If you prefer staying close to the airport on last day Courtyard Marriott / Saj / Flora are good options

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,599 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay?

I would advise you to stay in some good hotels by the side of back waters at Fort Kochi area. I would recommend Brunton's Boat Yard or Taj Malabar. Old Harbour Hotel and Tea Bungalow are other good options.

6. Re: Where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Kochi (Cochin)