We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kozhikode - Waste of time

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Kozhikode - Waste of time

By all the adjectives used in description of this city online, i had been there 2 days back. The hotels public transportation and food are cheap. But real problem is that u can spend hardly 2-3 hours in Science planetarium and 1 - 3 hours of evening in beach. And there it ends up. There will be nothing more interesting in the city.

Calicut
Level Contributor
1 post
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

Yes. Very true. Calicut is definitely not for the touristy types like you. And who knows? May be the city is better off for that.

Aluva, India
Level Contributor
79 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

Calicut is the foodie destination. And the beach is beautiful. And a hour away us kappad beach. Two hours away is wayanad. Calicut may not be touristy, but definitely worth a day.

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
9,023 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

I agree with the above comments. I like Calicut. Promenade walks in the evening; all the food stalls up an running and families out enjoying their evening. Some good markets. When I was last there I went to a street market not far from the Malabar Palace Hotel. Nice people and good banter with the traders.

Of course it is not a touristy place but that suits me.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

Hi, maybe you should have got more info about Calicut before you left then you would have had a better idea of what it's like.

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

There are much more in Calicut, but may not be in the city but nearby places. 'Kalipoika' is inside the city itself, Thusharagiri is an hour drive from the city. Kappad is another popular destination.

Yes Calicut is famous for food, especially restaurents like Paragon, Bombay Hotel etc..

Sweet Meet street (SM Street) is a famous shopping centre.

Or you can visit the Kozhikode discussion forum for more informations

http://forum.cyberparktoday.com/

Kalpetta, India
Destination Expert
for Kalpetta, Kozhikode, Mysuru (Mysore), Kodagu (Coorg), Sultan Bathery, Wayanad District, Kerala
Level Contributor
854 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

Hi

I think you haven't explored the options:

Kappad Beach, Beypore Beach, Tusharagiri Water falls (1.5 hrs drive) are nice places. There are famous temples as well. As mentioned above, there is much to explore if you are a 'foodie'

Regards

Sam

7. Re: Kozhikode - Waste of time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2015, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Kozhikode