We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala Tour

Mumbai...
8 posts
Save Topic
Kerala Tour

Hi,

This is the first time im visiting this forum and writing for the first time. I am visiting kerala for honeymoon in Feb 2013. I have planned this for 5NN/6D. I have planned below tentative itenary for my tour.

3Days in Munnar, 2Days in thekkady and 1 Day in Alleppy.

Also, I have couple of questions -

1. Can you suggest me must do things in these places and must visit places in above destination.

2. Do you recommend staying 2 days in Thekkady as I heard there is nothing to see except wildlife sanctuary.

3. Please suggest me the great itenary.

Please excuse me, if i ask stupid questions as I am visiting first time to Kerala.

Thanks.

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
910 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kerala Tour

Hi,

Let me suggest you an itinerary with some changes, rather than spending three days at Maunnr, you can include Athirappally/Vaazhachal in you itinerary.

So the revised itinerary can be like this,

D1: Head to Athirapply Waterfalls- Stay at Athirapply

D2: Head to Munnar- ( Neriamangalam Bridge, Rubber Plantations, Cheeyappara, Valara, KallarWaterfalls,Pothamedu View Point) -Stay at Munnar.

D3: Munnar-Top station,Kundala Lake,Mattupetty Dam,Echo Point,Photo point etc. Can visit Rajamala if time permits.-Stay at Munnar.

D4: Thekkady: Boating,sightseeing etc.

D5: Alleppey/Kumarakom: Houseboat ride-Stay at Houseboat.

D6: Head to Cohin- Fly back after local sightseeing as per time availability.

If you are not opting Athirapply then about 2 days in Thekkady- my suggestion :-

Spend one day in Gavi - (Jeep trips are offered from Thekkady to Gavi - This is a betted option rather than spending 2 days in Thekkady sightseeing.

Or you can spend 2 days in Thekkady by opting Trekking/Jungle camp etc.

Activities in Thekkady:

Enjoy the boat ride in Periyar Lake. Watch wild animals gazing along the shore.

Trekking (Arranged by Forest department)

Enjoy the camp in jungle

For trekking and jungle camp advance booking is to be done.

and lastly, don't feel that you asked something stupid. You asked relevant doubts only.

Have a happy honeymoon time in Gods Own Country...

Regards,

Sreejith PC

Mumbai...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kerala Tour

Thanks Sreejith for your reply and revised itenary.

I have couple of questions -

Can you please suggest me some decent resorts/hotels in above places. Also, would like to know more about the Thekkady boat ride system and also the Wildlife Sanctuary, like timings, etc.

Do you you think 1 day is enough in thekkady to do all above activities as we will be reaching to thekkady around 11am after leaving munnar early morning.

Do you recommend to tie up with some of the hotels for packages?

Again thanks for your help !!

cochin
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kerala Tour

Hello Sagar,

If you have 6 days of time try like this

Arrival cochin drive to munnar

2nights - munnar

1night - thekkady

1night - houseboat

1night - cherai beach

drop back cochin

George

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
910 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kerala Tour

Hi,

Please find the answers to your queries.

Boating timing: 7:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM, 1:30 PM, 3:30 PM (Forest department)

7:00 AM, 9:30 AM, 11:15 AM, 1:45 PM, 3:45 PM (Tourism Department)

Tickets for boating are available from the counters. Advance booking option is not available

Trekking: Different options are available such as full day (7:00 to 6:00 PM), Short duration, Night trekking.

Entry Fee/Activity Fee

Boating ( 2 hours) - Rs.150/-

Trekking:

Full day – Rs.1500 per head

Short duration (2 hrs 30 min) – Rs.800 minimum for a group (max up to 6 person)

Night Trekking (3 hours) – Rs.750 per head

For Boating, Trekking, Jungle camp, Bamboo rafting, Nature walk, Bullock cart ride etc

District Tourism Promotion Council: +91-4869-222620

And yes, if you are having one day in Thekkady don't opt for trekking and all as it may make your day too hectic.Opt for boat-ride instead.

Go for Gavi next day.- Jeep charges is up to Rs 2000/- per head- but still worth visiting.

You can go for tie up with some hotel or tour operator.

Regards,

Sreejith PC

Atlanta, Georgia
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Kerala Tour

Sreejith - how does one book tickets for jeep safari, trekking or bamboo safari? Can I book that in advance, from where?

6. Re: Kerala Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:20