We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Living in Forest!!

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
12 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Living in Forest!!

…blogspot.in/2013/10/thekkady-forest-to-reli…

Kochi (Cochin...
Level Contributor
976 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Living in Forest!!

Great Report. Hope you will visit Gavi next time and give detailed report :). You should have checked the bamboo rafting trips as well. More details at tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297636-i10312-k60…

Chennai, Tamil...
Level Contributor
12 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Living in Forest!!

Thanks.

No, I did not go to Gavi, I guess this is reacheable only by Jeep or 4 wheel drive vehicle?

In fact wanted to go to Vagamon, which I believe about 60~70 Km from Thekkady and started the 2nd day morning around 9:30 AM. The first 30 km was OK for drive, but after a certain point, the found the road narrow and not that good. My wife and daughter did not like it, so we returned back to Thekkady.

On Bamboo rafting heard about it, but did not attempt.

3. Re: Living in Forest!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 October 2014, 05:18