We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No reply from hotels?

Which Varkala hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
210 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
No reply from hotels?

Hello again,

I have set my heart on going to Varkarla for our holiday later on this year and I have emailed several hotels to enquire about availability and prices as I would normally do in order to arrange my holiday (I don't want to do a package) but several weeks later none have replied - please can anyone help?

Also - I considering staying in Cochin for a night or two at the beginning or end of our stay - can anyone advise on this?

Thank you again!

Amy

UK
Destination Expert
for Varkala
Level Contributor
8,613 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No reply from hotels?

Hi amy. From my experience this is nothing new. Some hotels don't seem to look at their emails from one week to the next and some never! Maybe you could try phoning?

You could fly into Cochin and see that first and then continue to Varkala and fly out of Trivandrum. Or the other way round.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,063 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No reply from hotels?

Hi amy

as igirl said its better to try phone rather than email.most hotels are very poor in email communication

Kerala, India
Destination Expert
for Kumarakom, Alappuzha, Kochi (Cochin), Kerala
Level Contributor
2,655 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: No reply from hotels?

a phone call to the reservation executive followed by an email works beter some time !!

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No reply from hotels?

Also check the travel portals. Currently good offers going on and you may find your hotel/resort on those travel portals. Even TA have very competitive pricing.

5. Re: No reply from hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 04:16