We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

Brit in India
2 posts
Save Topic
Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

Can anyone recommend a hotel/guesthouse/bamboo hut in Varkala for under Rs 800 a night? We're aiming to stay just after new year and loads of places are already booked up or are way out of our price range. We don't want anything fancy - a basic clean bamboo hut would be great.

Basel, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
3,552 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

Hi zoocat,

I will try to remember the name of the placve that was opposite ours in Varkala, on the west cliff. Till then have a look here in TA, there are some good ideas and options.

T.

Brit in India
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

Thanks, but we already found somewhere and we're actually here now. We're staying at Cliff Lounge and it's Rs800 a night but is really nice. It's all brand new and the people running it are really friendly and they have free yoga on the roof every morning, so we reckon it's well worth the price!

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
737 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

There any number of rooms on and around the cliff for RP800 or less. I've stayed at Mother Palace (behind the Mona Lisa beauty parlour) at the end of last year for RP500 for a non a/c room with a balcony and sea view and i'd recommend it. The place next door to the Mona Lisa has lovely rooms,almost new with a sea view for Rp750. The Kerala Bamboo huts just up from the coffee house are very nice with their own gardens and they're around Rp750. Have a great time; we spent a month there on and off last year and fell in love with the place- the shop keepers on the cliff can be a bit of a hassle with the usual emotional blackmail about thir products but nowhere as bad as Kovalam or some places in Goa.

Malmo
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

i had friends who were staying in varkala in july 2007 for over a month at the cliff lounge guesthouse...i had many occassions to go there and hang out with my friends and the guys running the place...cannot forget the laughs and light hearted chatters we had in such a great place...everything seems to have more value...cheers!

Atlanta
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

Well There is Also Dreams Beach Resort which have well 17 rooms and accomodation is great.

We stayed 2 months back and it is very neat clean resort.

The desk staf is very friendly.

Prices are resonable and value for money,it have also recently added hukka/Sheesha which is only available in this resort in varkala also know as pipe smoking which is really in these days.

www.dreamsvarkala.com

6. Re: Varkala hotel under Rs 800?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Varkala