We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho + tigers. Driver?

Bologna, Italy
Level Contributor
398 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho + tigers. Driver?

On Christmas 2013 I could spend 14 days (included the travel from and back to Europe) for the following itinerary: Delhi-Agra (with Fatehpur Sikri)-Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho-(Panna NP en route?)-Bandhavgarh NP-Kanha NP. Then flight from Jabalpur to Delhi and back to Europe.

A lot of things in a very short time, so I want to save time by:

- spending really few time in Delhi (just the necessary). I will visit it properly in the following trip (may be few months later).

- travelling only by car (apart from the flight Jabalpur-Delhi).

I would know:

1) how many nights would you stay in any of the above mentioned places?

2) should I look for an indipendent driver or should I contact a travel agent? Any advise?

Thanks

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho + tigers. Driver?

Hi Ciuto,

You can choose the services of Indian based tour operator as there are many suggestions and recommendations for them on this site as they can provide you car and driver too....operators like Icon India ,elegant journeys and few more have good reviews and recommendations here.

You can spend Delhi 2 nights,Agra 2 nights,Gwalior 1 night,Orchha1 night,Khajuraho2 nights and 2/3 nights Bhandavgarh....if possible add Jaipur in trip.

The trip can be done in this order---Delhi>Jaipur>Agra>Gwalior>Orchha>Khajuraho>Bhandhavgarh.

Ranthambore Tiger Park is also famous for Tiger presence.

For any other travel related queries search in the box above corner.

Thanks and Regards

Rashid Agra

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,775 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho + tigers. Driver?

You could use the train for the section up to Khajuraho and use a car for your wildlife park travel. Not much point in shifting from one park to another during your short stay and you should consider doing one of Bandavgarh or Kanha and then Pench. You would need at least one night in each of Agra,Gwalior,Orchha,Khajuraho. Orchha is worth spending a second night at.

Dorset
Level Contributor
73 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho + tigers. Driver?

The road from Orchha to Gwalior is really bad - takes time. We did Khajahuro to Gwalior recently, stopping at Orchha for a quick look/lunch. It was a long day. We went on to Agra.

As for agents, we did this as part of a 3 week tour mainly around Rajasthan. Look no further than TGS Tours. Jaipur based, been providing cars/drivers/hotel bookings etc for over 50 years. Absolutely immaculate support and service. You will find a lot of good reviews of them on TA.

4. Re: Gwalior-Orchha-Khajuraho + tigers. Driver?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 December 2013, 05:15