We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to madhyapradesh

Chennai (Madras...
5 posts
Save Topic
travel to madhyapradesh

Hi

i wud like to travel to madhyapradesh... in october 2014. And wud like go visit places like ujjain

amarkantak..

panchmarchi.... iam planng for a 10 days vacation. Please advice me on this and also if possible let me with some reliable tour operators..

thanks

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,296 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Hi,

What is the mode of travel you propose to use from Chennai Air or Rail. How large is your group.

CarLink

Edited: 09 July 2014, 11:17
Jabalpur, India
Level Contributor
298 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Since you are also planning Pachmari & Amarkantak,would suggest, rather insist to add a National Park ( Bandhavgarh or Kanha ) as they are located mid way.

Madhya Pradesh without relishing its flora & fauna is just like visiting Agra & not seeing the Taj.

Rgds !!

Chennai (Madras...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Hi

we r just 2 people visiting. And thanks for such a quick response. And iam planniing to visit by train.

Any model itenary wud be helpful. And also r ten days enough if i visit by train.?

Edited: 09 July 2014, 15:32
Chennai (Madras...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Hi

we r just 2 people visiting. And thanks for such a quick response. And iam planniing to visit by train.

Any model itenary wud be helpful. And also r ten days enough if i visit by train.?

Edited: 09 July 2014, 15:31
Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,296 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Thanks for your response.

Next question : What is your area of interest ? Religion, Culture, History, Nature, Wildlife or any other.

CarLink

Chennai (Madras...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Hi

i managed to have a look at madhyapradesh map.

got a average idea of places.

Places of interest specifically are

bhopal by train or flight then to

ujjain..omkareshwar....panchmarhi....jabalpur and back home by train....

wud like to visit the temples and natural falls..caves...forts if any....

please let me know how the weather will be in october ....

Mumbai
Level Contributor
9,296 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

Hi,

Few thoughts for your planning :

From Bhopal, you take AC Doube-decker train to Ujjain. Spend one day visiting Mahakaleshwar Temple and other local landmarks. Next day move to Indore by bus and explore Indore city landmarks and later 56-Dukan and Sarafa for street-food in the night.

Third day move by bus towards Omkareshwar. En route you can go to Maheshar and spend some time there and buy Maheswari Sarees (if you desire). Night spend at Omkareshwar.

Later you can go to Pachmarhi.

As far as the weather is concerned. nights will be relatively cooler but day temperature will be high.

CarLink

Edited: 10 July 2014, 05:14
8. Re: travel to madhyapradesh

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 01:15