We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

Boston...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

Hello, we're staying at the Ramada.

What can we do in the evening? Any suggestions for dinner and anything opened late or a walk?

Thanks!

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
201 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

Enjoy Indian dance show.

Dawanti

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

There is a sound and light show at the Western Temples. If you look in a guide book there are places to eat, but I think most of the best restaurants are in the hotels.

We ate lunch at the Paradise restaurant near the Western Group, with a view over a small lake/water tank. The food was decent and they had beer, but you will find it a bit basic compared to somewhere like the Ramada.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

Rooftop Italain is good, can't remember the name though.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

As Tim said, at night you can enjoy Son-en-Lumière show at Western Group of temples. During December and January it's cold out there, so go prepared.

I liked Raja Cafe and Mediterranio at Khajuraho. Mediterranio has great Italian food. Raja cafe has a good Continental Thali (yes it's true !).

CH, I think you are referring to Mediterranio ? It's not exactly rooftop but on first floor, and they have al fresco dining.

Holland
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

Yep that's the one k_yogi.

Boston...
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

Thank you for the suggestions,

I could not find details about the Light and Sound show. Is it at 7 or 7:30pm? What's the cost?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

The show starts from 6:30 PM. And I think the fee for Non Indians is Rs. 300. I do not remember exactly, as I paid Indian fee which is Rs. 75/-

8. Re: What to do in Khajuraho in the evening? anything opened?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2011, 06:18