We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cycling in Khajuraho

Which Khajuraho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Cycling in Khajuraho

Hi,

I have few questions about cycling in Khajuraho:

1. Is it easy to rent a bicycle and where I can do it?

2. How much it should cost?

3. Is it easy to get to the temples by bicycle? Are there any roadsigns that lead to them or do I need a map?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

It is very easy to rent a bicycle in Khajuraho.

Last Oct, the rental is 40Rs/day that I rented at a cyclic shop which besides Zen Hotel.

It is easy to get to the temples.

You can reach the Western Temples Group on foot which locates at the center.

At the entrance, there is a cycling map indicates the Southern Temples Group and Eastern Temples Group.

At the Western Temples Group, along the road toward to the south, passing through a round-about then a bridge, there is a road sign shows left turn to the Southern Temples Group (before the airport).

Along the paved road, the first left exit to a village and along the left lane, cross a bridge is Dulhadeo Temple. Riding time needs 25-30min for 1-way.

Back to the pave road and ride forward at the end, it is Chaturbhuj Temple.

East Temples Group locates at the city center's east. From the Western Temples Group ride to here just few minutes.

FYI,

Edited: 29 July 2011, 18:04
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

Khajuraho is a small place and you may visit all temples on foot too. However, if you want a bicycle, they are easily available..

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

Thanks for your replies.

Delhi
Level Contributor
362 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

Khajuraho is a great place to ride bicylces. The town is really small and I dont think you will have much of a problem finding your way around. Have fun!

Wroclaw, Poland
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

I also wonder if it is safe to leave rented bicycle when visiting temples inside? Or is it better to keep an eye on it all the time?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

They come with locks and keys... so that you can focus on temple architecture and not on them.....

Bangalore
Level Contributor
5 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

Is there any tour operator which facilates cycling in Khajuraho?

8. Re: Cycling in Khajuraho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2013, 06:15