We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Khajuraho to Agra

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Khajuraho to Agra

What's the best way to get to Agra from Khajuraho, can’t find train/bus. I getting to Khajuraho on a Wednesday coming from Varanasi and planning on leaving next day (Thursday) to Agra but don’t want to miss The Taj Mahal, I know is closed on Fridays... Would I be able to get on time on Thursday if I leave early Thursday by car? Is it half a day enough for visiting Khajuraho?

Thank you

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

Hey friend,

If u can spend some bucks then i suggest you hire a taxi,you will reach agra in 5-6 hours.Iam not sure about the price but it can be upto 2500.Other way which i opted for was a bus from Agra to Jhansi.Then a bus from Jhansi to Agra.Khajuraho is a small city and bust stand isn't far.There is a morning bus around 5a.m we took that.

Half day for Khajuraho is really very less.When i went there i thot same like you but those temples at khajuraho are breath taking.You must see all of them it will take u 3-4 hours to see western temples and 2 more hours for eastern temples.

If u can manage to stay more then i have a better plan for you.U stay for a day at Khajuraho(thursday) and at Friday morning leave for Jhansi.There is a place called Orchha near it.Its really beautiful so i think you must see it and then take bus from the bus stand to Agra.You will reach Agra by Friday night and in morning you can enjoy the beautiful Taj.U must not miss Sikandra,Idmad-ud-daula and Agra fort monuments too.They are really beautiful.

Let me know if u need more help.I know a guy at Khajuraho who helped us he can arrange bus tickets etc for u.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
504 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

even if you leave Khajuraho in the afternoon, by the time you reach Agra, Taj is closed.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

When are you reaching on Wednessday ? If you are reaching in morning then you can take a quick tour of Western Griup of temples (2-3 Hours) and then Eastern Temples quickly, you may try for a ticket on Khajuraho-Agra train (no. 22447) that starts at 6:20 PM, thugh it reaches Agra Cantt at inconvenienet time (2:20 AM), but this way you have a chance of visiting Taj on Thursday ?

If you are reaching at Khajuraho in teh afternoon, I'll say skip the eastern group and see the Western Group temple only. Tryto catch the train...

http://erail.in?T=KURJ::AGC:

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

Thank you so much, this was very useful, do you know where I can rent a car with a driver for 1 week to travel aroud and what should be the cost? Txs

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

I can recommend Travel Bureau for Agra, Gwalior, Khajuraho & Varanasi

Their Email IDs are travelbureau@vsnl.com, tbagra@vsnl.com

tbhjr@sancharnet.in

Excellent Service Standards ! Yet to see any other like them...

Sofia, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
302 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

Khajuraho to Orchha by bus ?

I'm planning to get to Khajuraho by train from Varanasi:

2108 Bsb. KURJ Link E 18.05 – 05.00h.

I want to spend few hours to see the Temples and then I want to go to Оrchha late afternoon in the same day , and spend whole next day in Orchha.

Is this possible ?

I can' find any bus timetable from Khajuraho to Jahnsi ( Orchha)...

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

This is possible....

Take any bus going to Jhansi and get down at the Orchha Diversion Point called Orchha Mode

From there you wil get Jhansi-Orchha TukTuks.. 15-20 minutes journey.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
827 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

I'm planning to go from Khajuraho to Agra too. I will leave Khajuraho on Friday. There are 3 options before me:

1) fly from Khajuraho to Delhi around 1pm, then take a train from Delhi to Agra

2) take a car from Khajuraho to Jhansi Junction train station, and take a train from Jhansi to Agra by Ndls Shatabdi Express at 1755

3) take the train from Khajuraho to Agra, and arrive around 230 am.

I think option 3 is not for us. If time is more important, and cost is less of a concern (as the add on of a flight to my international flight does not make a huge difference), what would be the best option? I wonder how long it would take to drive from Khajuraho to Jhansi Junction, sounds like anywhere from

3 to 5 hours? Anyone knows? At the end, I wonder whether option 2 can really save time and money when compared to option 1.

9. Re: From Khajuraho to Agra

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 June 2013, 01:41
Get answers to your questions about Khajuraho
Recent Conversations