We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train reservation

Which Khajuraho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Firenze
Level Contributor
54 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
Train reservation

According on my new itinerary on 20 August I will be in Agra ready to depart to Khajuraho and I need a suggestion to get on train to reach that destination.

Currently I have this waitlisted ticket (PNR: 2336889629) for the train 19666.

With this WL ticket I'm afraid to not get in. What do you think?

At the same time I was searching for an alternative and I've seen that the same train pass from Ajmer and I can get a confirmed ticket Ajmer-Agra-Khajuraho.

My question is: can I buy this ticket and afterwards change the boarding station? In the affirmative case, how can I do?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train reservation

What is the WL number and for which class of travel? We could hazard a guess about whether your ticket will be confirmed or not on the basis of this info.

And, AFAIK, you can not change the boarding station.

Firenze
Level Contributor
54 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train reservation

WL 5 & 6 for AC2.

As per my understanding is possible to change the boarding station personally in a local Indian Railway office. But I don't know if it's possible with any restriction and I'm not sure if it's possible to do it online (this obviously will be my best choice).

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train reservation

Yes ! You are right. You can get the boarding point changed provided you apply at the reservation counter with ID proof. This has to be done at least 24 hourse before the departure of the train from it's starting station.

Firenze
Level Contributor
54 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train reservation

Yogi,

thanks for the answer.

This means that this change can be done ONLY in the original boarding station?

In other words, I CANNOT do it in the new boarding station or in another one?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train reservation

You can do it at any reservation counter,before 24 hours of departure.

6. Re: Train reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2013, 20:16