We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Khajuraho

Which Khajuraho hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Khajuraho

Hi everyone,

I am currently located in Delhi and planning to make a trip to Khajuraho in about two weeks.. I am planning on taking the train, staying one night - 2 days and then come back. Do you recommend taking a tour package around the temples for those 2 days? If so please if you could recommend something or any ideas I will greatly appreciate it... Thank you!

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,735 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

Hello Leo-,

Train Bhopal Shatabdi Express is from Delhi to Jhansi..Jhansi to Khajuraho by road/car...Jhansi to Khajuraho is 175 kms approx.

Another train UP Sampark Kranti is from Nizamuddin Railway station to Khajuraho railway station on every Tuesday,Friday and Sunday.

For more information about trains check with www.cleartrip and www.indianrail.gov.in

For other queries search in the box above corner.

Thanks

Rashid Agra

US
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

[url=http://essaysorigin.com/url]essay writing review[/url]

Edited: 14 November 2012, 10:14
Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

Dear Philip,

I would suggest you to take overnight train to Khajuraho directly from Delhi -

Day 01 Delhi - Khajuraho

Train Departs : 20-15 Hours - Overnight in Train ( Train No -12448 - UP Sampark Karanti )

Day 02 Arrive - 06-35 AM

This day visit Eastern & Western group of Temples, Evening Sound & Light Show. Night stay at Khajuraho.

Day 03 Excursion to Ranhe fall , take evening 06-20 Train to Delhi. Overnight sleep in Train.

Day 04 Morning - 05-30 AM arrival in Delhi

You should take tour package for those 02 days , it would be convenient.

If you can spare - 01 day more then you may plan for Orchha, it is a beautiful & worth -seeing place.

Hope the above will help you.

Regards, Hari Mangal

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

I'll go with the suggestion of Hari Mangal. Delhi-Khajuraho train is very convenient for Khajuraho visit.

If you can sort out train tickets, no need to take any package. Certified Guides are available at temples. Hotels are plenty whether you want Budget, Mid Range or 5 Stars.

New Delhi, India
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

Thank you all for the great advice ! I will take the Delhi-Khajuraho train and will stay in an hotel close by the Western Group of Temples. I will stay for 2 days - 1 night.

I am taking Hari Mangal and K_Yogi suggestions - 1st day visit Eastern and Western temples - just to get an idea, how much does a certified guide cost? do you recommend hiring an auto to go to the temples during the day? or is it easy to walk to all temples?

2nd day - maybe Ranneh Fall, Ken Ghariyal park, Pandava Falls? can they be done in one day?

Thank you all!

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
4,248 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

Leo_Philip7,

Govt approved guide will cost you Rs. 950 + conveyance charge for full day.

Khajuraho is small city so that transportation charges are not so high so you should take car for both days.

You could see Ranneh Fall , Ken Ghariyal park ( Panna) , Pandav falls in one day better to hire jeep to visit these places...

Regards, Hari Mangal

Brussels, Belgium
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

hi phillipe you have direct train delhi to khajuraho and you can find a guide on entrance gate of temple there are lot of hotel in khajuraho last week i was in khajuraho it is beautiful place i stay in hotel isabel palace it is a beautiful hotel wIth european tast and very clean have a good trip

Edited: 17 January 2013, 13:51
8. Re: Trip to Khajuraho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 05:15