We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation Advice

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Transportation Advice

What's the best way to get from Udaipur to Orchha to Khajuraho to Varanasi to Amritsar?

I realize that this may see the most direct route via map, but there may be a better way to between the cities another way. Our current itinerary:

Delhi (3 days)

Agra (3 days), stop in Fatehpur Sikri and Abhaneri on the way to Jaipur

Jaipur (3 days)

Jodhpur (3 days)

Udaipur (3 days)

Orchha (2 Days)

Khajuraho (2 Days)

Varanasi (2 Days)

Amritsar (3 days)

TBD (3 days)

Any advice is appreciated!

Edited: 25 March 2014, 17:05
New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation Advice

You seems good but you are staying long period in each places. Within 21 days you can see more places. Please find example itineary as below:

Day1: Arrive Delhi

Day2: Full Day Sightseeing

Day3: Full Day Sightseeing + Overnight Train (12560 / Shiv Ganga Express 1855:0725 Hrs.)

Day4: Arrive Varanasi + visit Sarnath + Evening attend Ganges Aarti

Day5: Morning Boat Ride + City Walk

Day6:Varanasi – Khajuraho (By Flight 9w2423 at 1230 :1315 Hrs.)

Day7: Khajuraho

Day8: Khajuraho - Orccha

Day9: Orccha

Day10: Orccha - Agra

Day11: Agra

Day12: Agra – Jaipur (Stop at Fatehpur Sikri + Abhaneri on the Way to Jaipur)

Day13: Jaipur

Day14: Jaipur – Alsisar

Day15: Alsisar - Bikaner

Day16: Bikaner - Jaisalmer

Day17 Jaisalmer

Day18: Jaislmer – Jodhpur

Day19: Jodhpur

Day20: Jodhpur – Udaipur

Day21 : Udaipur

Day22: Evenging Train to Delhi (12964 / Mewar Express at 1815: 0630 Hrs)

Day23: Arrive Delhi + Evening Train to Amritsar (12013/ Amritsar Shatabdi at 1630 :2235)

Day24: Amritsar

Day25: Amritsar - Dharamshala

Day26: Dharamshala

Day27: Dharamshala - Delhi (By Air india Flight )

Transporation: AC Medium Car

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation Advice

We wanted a more leisurely experience and I heard that traveling in India can be overwhelming. Also, we baked in an extra day for Jaipur, Jodhpur, and Udaipur because it takes 5+ hours to get to each place and sometimes things change. Do you think it's time wasted if we do this? We are spending a month in India after all and didn't want to feel like we were running from place to place every other day.

Also, is Agra the only efficient way to get to Orccha/Khajuraho/Varanasi ?

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
567 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation Advice

Hi,

For a leisurely experience,your plans are good, and you are right most of the drives would be more than 6 hours.

Enjoy the trip.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation Advice

2 days enough for each places. like Jaipur, Agra, Jodhpur, Udaipur. but i will advise you to reduce to stay in Orccha. when you are coming from Khajuraho to Agra then you can stay one night. there is only you can see Orccha Fort and One night you can stay in Gawalior.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation Advice

Someone pointed out that the way I am counting days is not clear. I guess I should have said 3 nights in Jaipur/Jodhpur/Udadipur. This includes travel time so closer to 2.5 days of actual visiting time. This means for Orchha/Khajuraho/Varanasi it's just 1 day in each place to see everything.

Also, I would love advice on the best way to get to these places, particularly the Orchha/Khajuraho region. It seems that a train from Agra or flying from Delhi are the best ways, but it would require us to backtrack from Udaipur to Agra/Delhi and add more travel time. I was hoping to find a more direct route.

Thanks!

Edited: 27 March 2014, 13:40
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation Advice

I love this plan could you give transport options pklease

7. Re: Transportation Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2016, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Khajuraho
Recent Conversations