We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight stay

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
16 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Overnight stay

Travelling from Goa to Mumbai...a good place to stay overnight...no beaches...would love some wild life sanctuary?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overnight stay

Dear Docjari18,

Instead of taking a coatal highway, you may take road via Kolhpur Pune etc.

On the way there is Dajipur Wildlife sanctuary

try mustseeindia.com/Dajipur-Wildlife-Sanctuary

Plus you can visit a place known as Kaas Pathar (Kaas Pleatau) near Satara for it wild beauty. visit http://kaspathar.com/

There is another interesting Hill station called Mahabaleshwar near Satara.

If you are interested in a hill station then Amboli Ghat is very beautiful. try

…maharashtratourism.gov.in/MTDC/…

You have ample choice. Choose any and have wonderful time.

Sanjiv

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
16 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overnight stay

Dear Sanjiv,

Thanks for all your suggestions.Narrowed down to Dajipur Sanctuary but as I see there are no hotels there.Any suggestions or place you know where we can stay.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Overnight stay

Dear Docjari18,

I admit that I have personally not been there. It seems that there are no hotels in the wildlife sanctuary. But nearest place is Radhanagari 30 kms. away and Kolhapur, a big city just 80 kms. away. You can even visit Panhala fort which is just 15 kms. from Kolhapur. Radhanagari is a small town but may have few lodges.

There are many good hotels in Kolhapur and that place is famous for its food Pandhra rassa (white curry) and Tambada rassa (redy curry) are great in taste and Kolhapuri mutton with bajra or jowar bread is simply mouthwatering. So your stay in Kolhapur will be memorable.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
16 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Overnight stay

Thanks again Sanjeev.Have been to Panhala the last time I went to Goa, which is my favourite haunt.Manage to go there atleast once in 2 yrs.Was wanting to go to a different place apart from the beaches.Radhanagari seems to be far from the Sanctuary...would have loved to live in the sanctuary.Any other suggestion?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Overnight stay

Dear Docjari18,

the follwoing sight says there is a jungle resort in Dajipur

holidayiq.com/dajipur-jungle-resorts-20-677-…

Just try that out.

Other than Dajipur, I will suggest you to go to Satara for its Kaas Pathar and Sajjangad. You will like the scenic beauty there. Mahabaleshwar also is not far from there. Mahabaleshwar is a hill station and I am sure you will enjoy.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
16 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Overnight stay

Sanjiv been to Mahabaleshwar umpteen times so no interest there.Will check Satara for the scenic beauty.And will check the link.Thanks.

Pune
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Overnight stay

I have been to Dajipur National Park and there is one hotel just outside the sanctuary. The name of the hotel is "Neelkamal". Try it, this is a basic hotel with just 4 rooms and it is Approved by MTDC.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Overnight stay

Hi Harshal,

I have passed by this Hotel Neelkamal on my way to my native place. Is it ok for a 1-2 day stay with family? How is the food?

Also, what are the options for local site seeing or for visiting the sanctuary?

Regards,

-Vishal Girap

Pune, India
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Overnight stay

Vishal,

This is one place (hotel neelkamal) where I can STRONGLY Recommend for a family. The owner is a bank employee of SBI in Kankavli. The rooms are pretty clean and the service staff is one of the Best that I have come across till date. The owner has a policy to preffer not to allow Bachlors at the property. This works out great for family travelling since you get a complete privacy at the property.

Here is the number of the owner if you intend to travel

Guru Pawaskar : 9423051507 Owner of Neelkamal

Rajesh

10. Re: Overnight stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2013, 10:17