We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai

Delhi
2 posts
Save Topic
Mumbai

Hi,

I want to visit Mumbai and Lavasa during December. Can anyone suggest how many days will it take cover them. Also, any other important places apart from lavasa which is nearby mumbai which can be visited ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai

Hi Ruchika S,

You can travel from Mumbai to Lavasa and back within a day if you want. It depends on what type of sight-seeing you want to do. If you could give more details it would be helpful.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai

You need about 3 to 4 days for Mumbai.

Lavasa isnt really recommended. If you want to go to a hill station, try Lonavla/Khandala or even Mahabaleshwar/Panchgani.

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
845 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai

Lavasaa is different than Lonavala/ Mahabaleshwar etc. You can make a 1 night stay in Lavasaa. But there isnt too much to sight see. If you want to relax and stretch your legs .. its the place. You can visit Pune en-route as well.

It would take about 4-5 hours by car from Mumbai.

For Mumbai depending on your interest, but it will take atleast 2-3 days.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai

We are coming to Mumbai for the Mumbai Marathon on 19 January 2014. Any suggestions of where to stay near the start or finish of the race would be appreciated, as it is over 30 years since I last visited and I'm sure things are a wee bit different to when I was there on Ashley Butterfield's Rover Trip around India! Thanks.

uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai

Hi we land in Mumbai at 5.30am and our connection flight is 3.30pm the same afternoon. We will have to be back at the airport for 1.30pm. What can we see of Mumbai in this time frame please? And is it best to get a driver? (4 people with backpacks)

Thanks

Sally

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,441 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai

Hi Sally!

You may take a brisk tour of South Mumbai .. covering Gateway of India, Nariman Point and see heritage buildings at CST (Victoria Terminus) & Hutatma Chowk (Flora Fountain). You may have your brunch on the way and return safely to the airport in-time for your flight.

In case you need transport in Mumbai, let me know. I know some good drivers.

7. Re: Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 February 2014, 20:35
8. Re: Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2015, 05:19