We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Add Aurangabad or Jaipur to Five Days in Delhi and Agra?

Connecticut, USA
Level Contributor
182 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Add Aurangabad or Jaipur to Five Days in Delhi and Agra?

After five days of well planned touring in Agra and Delhi during a November visit, we have time in our itinerary to spend a full day and an evening at either Jaipur or Aurangabad enroute to our next destination - Mumbai. Which place would you recommend visiting for that one and a half days, and why? Here is some more background on our itinerary.We want to spend some of the day on Sunday in Delhi and then visit one more place before arriving in Mumbai by noontime on Tuesday. As for Aurangabad, there is an inexpensive 1 hour and 40 minute flight from Delhi leaving late afternoon Sunday and then an early morning 55 minute flight from Aurangabad to Mumbai available on Tuesday. This would give us Sunday evening to get settled and relax at our hotel in town (Taj Residency) and then have all day on Monday to visit Ellora and probably also walk around the Daulatabad Fort. If we decide to go to Jaipur from Delhi instead, it will apparently require a 4 to 5 hour drive or train ride to arrive at our Jaipur hotel late in the evening. We would then have a full day in Jaipur on Monday to visit the Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal, Palace and marketplaces, and then fly out to Mumbai on Tuesday morning. So there is slightly more time available if we go to Aurangabad.

The key issue in making our decision is what will add more to our trip.

It is my impression that the caves at Ellora are very special and quite a different attraction than what we will see in Delhi and Agra. So I guess what I am trying to understand is whether the places we will see in Jaipur are much different and unique from the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, the Agra Fort, Fahetepur Sikri, Mathura , and the various other temples, historical sites and archeological sites we are visiting in Delhi and Agra during the preceding five days? I know that many tourism agencies have focused on coaxing visitors to see the Golden Triangle for years but what will provide a more interesting and complete experience - Delhi, Agra and Jaipur or Delhi, Agra and Aurangabad?

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India, Ladakh, Leh
Level Contributor
35,637 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Add Aurangabad or Jaipur to Five Days in Delhi and Agra?

MysticTennis

Jaipur would be much convenient with Delhi and Agra. But after reading the entire post, I would suggest Aurangabad. That would be worthwhile in your plan. Ajanta needs a full day and Ellora and Aurangabad local s/s can be done in half a day. Try to reach Ellora around 3pm to get better light for photography.

Edited: 25 August 2013, 06:43
2. Re: Add Aurangabad or Jaipur to Five Days in Delhi and Agra?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2014, 05:19